Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Hampton Roads

312K views 6K replies 74 participants last post by  TOYGT02 
#1 ·
1badmax. I bought my 3.73's for $150 a Ford Racing axle girdle $180 all from Kimnach. They have been sitting in my closet since last September. LOL!! Quoted a few prices on install.

Brittany, did your dad ever inquire about the whipple I called him to let him know?

#3 ·
For those who are just joining us on this thread, this is a tread for local people or anyone else can go to see what is going on in the area. Please post what ever you would like about chat about. Whether it be about clubs, show, cruises, up coming events and or just to chat.

Some of us do not belong to Mustang Clubs so it is nice to know what else is going on in the area that is posted on Club sites. You may even get other people to join your clubs if they know about them.

So what is going on in the Hampton Roads area?

#4 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in joining a Mustang club there are several to pick from. There is All American Performance Car Club which is on the peninsula. That club is new to the scene, but has some members that have been around awhile. You can find them on facebook or at www.allamericanperformancecarclub.com They are more of a have fun and enjoy the cars and the people kind of club, but do participate in shows and other car related events. Some of us are going down to Mustang Week so if anyone wants to ride down together we will be leaving Thursday July 22 and returning the 25th.

There is also Peninsula Mustang Enthusiasts which is also based on the peninsula (obviously with that name). They have been around for several years, and raise alot of money for CHKD. They also have three big car shows a year, the first of which is being held on the 26th of June in Hampton. They can be reached at www.peninsulamustang.com

There is also Southeastern Virginia Mustang Club. They are based on the southside and also do alot of fundraising. I am not too familiar with them so I will just post their web info. They can be reached at www.sevmc.org

For those out there with the older (sexier) Foxbody cars there is Southeartern Foxbodies. They are a great bunch of people who really enjoy their rides. I am a proud member of that club and have not met any finer people. They are always willing to help a fellow Fox guy out, and are really just a great all aorund club. They can be reached at www.southeasternfoxbodies.com

#7 ·
My dad has parts that fit a '71-'72 Mach 1 that he would like to sell. He has; Ram Air Hood Plennum, a Grille, Grille Lights, and an AM/FM Radio. Everything is orignal and the Grille and the Grille Lights are still in the box from Ford. They are all Ford parts, no after market parts. The parts fit a '71-'72 Mach 1. Pass the word! :)

#13 ·
I unfortunately had to pass on the cruise b/c of some last minute family stuff that came up, but I'm definitely up for anything going on over the summer months.

On a side note, I have some misc. Mustang/Cobra parts for sale, here is a link to the craigslist.com ad:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1758994856.html

#17 ·
Hey folks, just checking in. I'm located in Va Beach (the Indian River area by I-64). I did make it to the cruise but didn't really meet many. I had to roll out early to visit a friend in the hospital up in richmond shortly after getting to the Newport News Park. We left 2 stangs behind and picked them up on the way back incase anyone was wondering why they where still there...lol.

Any plans for track rentals or just a cruise to that track in anyones future? I just need some sticky tires and I am all set to go.

#20 ·
Any plans for track rentals or just a cruise to that track in anyones future? I just need some sticky tires and I am all set to go.
Not a bad idea. Maybe closer to the end of the season cooler temps . Give Dave some time to get his car on the road. I need tires myself and have my gears installed.

#18 ·
Yeppers. Jamie is related by marriage. Jamies mother is my step sister. Good bunch of folks. We are headed to their lake house in July . I was walking around Jamestown and Jamie was saying " Ray ". Very suprised to see him and he needs a stang and get rid of that jeep!! Lol.. You'll get to meet more of us at different events. Hell I still haven't met alot of people on here.

#19 ·
Yeah man, good stuff! I have been down to the lake house several times. In fact I will probably be down there the weekend of June 26-27th.

Haha, and on top of owning a Jeep, he just bought a '10 Honda Accord!

#21 ·
I was thinking about a local cruise/get together here in Va. Beach. Meet @ Greenbriar head towards the beach get off on Birdneck go around on the strip and end @ The SmokeHouse and Cooler off Shore Drive. Great Food and drinks there. Only for adults this time. Whats your thoughts??

#22 ·
Sounds good to me... let me know what you come up with and i'm sure my local buddies will attend this as well.

As for the track, I usually head down to hertford, NC to practice launching and running in th 1/8 while its hot and humid since it's much closer to me and I have a friend that lives like 15 min from there. Then when it's cooler, later in the year, I go up to VMP or Richmond.

#25 ·
I called the Neptune Fest planner this morning about having a few of us in the parade this year. Talk about
Car generation discrimination. He wanted early models only , stating that people would rather see those in lieu of the newer models. When he stated his favorite year was a 65 stang I knew where it was going.

#28 ·
before the end of daylight savings time. Dont know to be honest. just wanted to see what everones thoughts were. Start the cruise later in the day and end @ shore drive

#33 ·
Its called control there Dave. You "Time" your beers. Kinda like cams and valves.

#41 ·
I am going to have Rick and Dave install my gears. They know what their doing and are Mustang guys like us. Ask Frank from Dtp who changed the gears in his vette? It wasn't Shawn... How did Ricks name get in this thread anyway??

#43 ·
Some things should be said in PM's One thing to remember is others read these posts . Yes , you messed it up it is your fault and you took it to Rick to fix your mess. If you are unhappy then take your car to someone else. I'm not sticking up for Rick but to bash someone or a company without providing ALL the CORRECT info isn't fair to you and Rick's. I'm not trying push anything and understand your frustration but let's be truthful and get this car fixed stop all the BS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.