It Is Coming... - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: It Is Coming...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with for the 5.0. I'm also interested to see if the stock clutch can take it. It seems a few clutches in the new 5.0 have gone up already.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just one of the many benefits from the linear boost curve of a centrifugal compressor. Less heat & higher efficiency equals less strain on parts.

More info as it becomes available...I promise.
    If making this engine live is the difference between a centri' and a twin screw I think I would pass on boosting it.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Chuck Norris Edition? That's good stuff. We would have to get Mr. Norris' permission though. We wouldn't want to do anything without asking him first. After all, a bulletproof vest wears Chuck Norris for protection.
    This is true,
    About the vest anyway ;) besides did you know that every 03/04 Cobra manufactured had a trace if Chuck Norris blood in it ? Ford decided not to do this for he GT500 for fear that it would be an "unfair advantage" over the ZR1. Apparently there was a slip and it made it's way into the 2011 GT blue prints.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
    If making this engine live is the difference between a centri' and a twin screw I think I would pass on boosting it.
    that is kinda scary

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    that is kinda scary
    I agree.

I am currently sitting here with my 2007 GT that has a Whipple on it tuned by VMP. It has been an extremely reliable car putting down 495+ HP at 6,000 RPM on three different dynos at various times. It currently has about 26,000 miles on it. I am patiently waiting to see what happens when these various power adder manufacturers start putting their products on this engine.

I don't expect it to take 12 PSI. I would hope it could take 5-8 PSI all day long in stock form from various power adders. If it does I will likely pull the trigger on one. If not I guess I will need to save a few pennies more and buy a GT500.

should be interesting.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
    I agree.

I am currently sitting here with my 2007 GT that has a Whipple on it tuned by VMP. It has been an extremely reliable car putting down 495+ HP at 6,000 RPM on three different dynos at various times. It currently has about 26,000 miles on it. I am patiently waiting to see what happens when these various power adder manufacturers start putting their products on this engine.

I don't expect it to take 12 PSI. I would hope it could take 5-8 PSI all day long in stock form from various power adders. If it does I will likely pull the trigger on one. If not I guess I will need to save a few pennies more and buy a GT500.
    Im not even thinking boost this time around. Juicing it this time baby LOL>

... X2!

Quote Originally Posted by Graboid View Post
    Im not even thinking boost this time around. Juicing it this time baby LOL>

Why juice it haha? From what I've seen so far, these cars can easily go 11's N/A with bolt on's and 10's N/A with the right suspension/tire/wheel setup, weight reduction, and somewhat minimal performance modifications(CAI/Tune/Gears/Catback/LT's). The average driver IMO will probably need more performance mods than that to pull 10's N/A off though.

To show how fast these cars are, a guy already pulled 11.78 @ 117 MPH with only LCA's/UCA, Panhard Bar, tune, and weld 15'' wheels, QA1 rear shocks, and slicks/skinnies. Imagine his times after adding a CAI, LT's, and gears, would be pretty sick.

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12