Cheapest upgrade for non-IC Whipple

+ Reply to Thread

Default Cheapest upgrade for non-IC Whipple

Ok, a few days ago I just bought a 2005 Mustang GT. This particular car was fitted with a non-IC Whipple and other stuff (see sig). Well I looked into FRPP's Big Boost kit for 550hp and I pretty pricey for me. Things like the GT500 twin pumps ($700+) seemed to be handled just fine with a BAP ($250). I don't plan on higher boost than with what in the Big Boost kit, so I don't think the BAP pushed stock pumps will be stressed to much (if so, someone educate me or link please). Plus I like the AFCO heat exchanger and not the FRPP. And I like the bigger reservoir
    So to me, I just like to get the intercooler and pump. I've heard claims that the intercooler for whipple is 1k alone.

I'm new to SC'ed boost, S197s, and 3V; so if I'm far out there, please educate me or point me in the right direction. I have a funny feeling that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the FRPP Big Boost kit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

id grab meth...its what ill be doing! Also save up for a big boy motor

I thought of that, but I like to see other whipple examples. I've heard the meth corrodes the lobes and pools at the bottom of the manifold like the oil does in some cases.
    I like the idea, but like to know the pros and cons.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

from what ive seen with meth, i'd never run it. way too many pump failures between the top brands for me to gamble a 8k motor on. just my opinion!

understandable. But it there a cheaper air to liquid intercooling alternative beside strictly FRPP's Big boost kit?

Quote Originally Posted by 1CRZHRS View Post
    from what ive seen with meth, i'd never run it. way too many pump failures between the top brands for me to gamble a 8k motor on. just my opinion!
    if god forbid your pump fails most tuners have the tune setup so if your IAT's reach a certain level (above where meth would allow you to go) your car pulls an assload of timing

if you are not going to change the boost the current fuel system will be enough. Try whipplesuperchargers.com or Lethal performance and see if you can buy just the IC parts.

10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread