Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

BrooksSpeed 68 Eleanor Clone Build

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  wldtang 
#1 ·
We are working on a 1968 Mustang "Eleanor" build starting very soon.

The donor car is a 2004 Mustang Cobra convertible. It was bought from MPS Auto Salvage and besides being totaled (hit hard in the rear) the car is super clean. The engine is 100% stock, and is in showroom condition.

Pics are coming soon, and I will update the thread as we progress.

The customer already has the suspension stuff taken care of as well as the brakes.

The current plan is to drop the engine out of the Cobra. Get it sitting down in the 68 and transferring all of the wiring. Nothing on the donor car has been cut, so we are going to try and make it look as if the Cobra engine came in the 68.

A built 4R70W has already been purchased by the customer from BC Automotive, it will be controlled via a standalone TCM.

Once we get those things done, we are going to run a return style fuel system, and get it up and running in stock form. Once that is complete we are going to step it up a bit.

Currently we are kicking around the idea of fabricating a turbo kit, or we may just stick a 3.4L Whipple, or a KB 2.8H Mammoth on it.

Should be a really fun project.

See less See more
#5 ·
Its going to be the standard Eleanor color. Like a mineral grey. It has a built 9" in the rear. All the suspension stuff has already been installed, I'll post pics of it when the 68 gets to my shop.

We are going to "attempt" to retrofit the interior in, but only after the powertrain swap has been done. We have to take some measurements. I don't know if it will even work. If it doesn't, we will do some nice aftermarket gauges (I personally think that would look best)

EB

#9 ·
ive got autometers in my 67 fairly simple install and i think it looks better than a butchered dash put in
(never dash is wider than the classic cars)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.