06 auto to manual. change pcm strategy? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

yep, that's actually what eric told me to do w/ the tune. i brought the suggestion into the shop i WAS working with, and he completely ignored the suggestion. eric sent me a tune w/ a manual pcm code and now i'm set.

all i have to do now is find another shop in town, i'm not dealing with this shop anymore. they created way to much of a headache, and screwed me over a few times lookin back on the project. thing that sucks i closest place i know of is about 2 hours away. one hell of a trip to install some gears..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Anthony05GT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin @ Wicked View Post
    What im prob guessing at since i just finished this swap myself for a customer was the ECM was thinking the car was in reverse. Your lack of power was from the torque truncation kicking for reverse which in set at a low 250 nm. Raising to 1300 like all other gears solved the issue on my end...but couldnt nail down the reverse light circuit to have it function correctly based on the ecm controlling it.

There 4 switches tr1 tr2 tr3 tr4 that are in the transmission range connector. Technically from the wiring schematic standpoint all we need to pinpoint is tr1 and tr2. Thats the only 2 tied into the reverse light circuit. Ive just about given up trying to make them function "like stock". I know just doing the swap with existing auto ecm and harness makes the ecm believe its in reverse from a "gear selector" standpoint evident by the severly retarded spark during some tuning pulls and seeing the ecm enter torque truncation logic.
    If you reuse the auto harness when going to manual...the harness uses a different location on one of the plugs (pcm plug) for the reverse light circuit. In other words, you'd have to move a wire or two in the plug to other locations within the plug. I ran a custom dedicated circuit unrelated to the pcm. I just wonder if what you are saying here is the reason I have no cruise control anymore. I've never really looked too deeply into it because I don't use cruise, but it would be nice to have it functional.

Bringing back an old thread... so how was the auto to manual conversion accomplished? Was it by flashing a manual strategy into the auto pcm? I'm trying to get something like this done now, too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin @ Wicked View Post
    What im prob guessing at since i just finished this swap myself for a customer was the ECM was thinking the car was in reverse. Your lack of power was from the torque truncation kicking for reverse which in set at a low 250 nm. Raising to 1300 like all other gears solved the issue on my end...but couldnt nail down the reverse light circuit to have it function correctly based on the ecm controlling it.

There 4 switches tr1 tr2 tr3 tr4 that are in the transmission range connector. Technically from the wiring schematic standpoint all we need to pinpoint is tr1 and tr2. Thats the only 2 tied into the reverse light circuit. Ive just about given up trying to make them function "like stock". I know just doing the swap with existing auto ecm and harness makes the ecm believe its in reverse from a "gear selector" standpoint evident by the severly retarded spark during some tuning pulls and seeing the ecm enter torque truncation logic.

How would one get the car unstuck from reverse? and out of torque truncation i have flashed with a manual strategy using fjds and there are only cel's from the lack of tune not from the flashing but why does it still think its stuck in reverse the correct 08 manual harness was used. tr3650 all oem swap down to clutch pedal switches, the car does also turn on without pressing the clutch pedel and speedo is still off quite a bit. but i tried multiple manual strategies and the one i found seemed to be the most coreect fit. the car did have a sct tuner and was not returned to stock after sct failed to mention the vehicle needed to be returned before updating the device and could that be my issue. its not even my car its a friends and i'm trying to square the car away back to oem for him after he blew the auto 5r55s. no monetary gains will be made from helping me.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12