+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: 2v R heads

Senior Member Array

any updates greg?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Willl these even work ona std bore engine?

Senior Member Array

tagged

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I doubt it. Even if they did, the flow would be hurt due to the valve shrouding. The valve shrouding hurts flow on the stock heads with oversized valves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyll7 View Post
    I doubt it. Even if they did, the flow would be hurt due to the valve shrouding. The valve shrouding hurts flow on the stock heads with oversized valves too.
    Can't see this because all you get is .020 and these heads valves ae in a different location than stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOr1w...layer_embedded

Here is a set of CNC TFS 2V heads in action. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by davemig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by davemig View Post
    willl these even work ona std bore engine?
    and....

Junior Member Array

Hi Guys, I think what BMR is showing is a set of heads they had ported on their own. Those are some pretty serious heads they had worked up but those aren't the R series heads.

To answer your question, yes, they will fit on a stock bore but they really are made to work with large bore applications.
    Last edited by DCC; 05-26-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ok guys this where we stand on the R-series 4.6L heads. In order to produce the best possible product to our end consumers we have decided to delay the release. The heads WILL be ready for purchase as of Jan. 1st. As soon as I can provide you with flow numbers, pricing or any other specs on the heads I will post it up.
    So...January has come and gone and still no ETA. I call Ed on a regular basis and he keeps saying 'next week'. Talked to someone else on the phone and they say 'nothing until July'. What's the deal on these things????

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DrTriton View Post
    So...January has come and gone and still no ETA. I call Ed on a regular basis and he keeps saying 'next week'. Talked to someone else on the phone and they say 'nothing until July'. What's the deal on these things????
    So where are R-Series heads? Fair enough question. Here's the full story on whats going on with the heads.

The R series head was originally just going to be a “worked” version of the Twisted Wedge 185 cylinder head with bigger cnc ports along with some updates to the valve size and springs. We introduced this head expecting to release the head quickly following the original debut date. However, after we introduced the head we began receiving feedback from potential users that changed our opinions. We took a hard look at its intended audience and decided that it was most likely only going to see severe-duty use. The standard head is capable of horsepower well in excess of 800hp (our project car mustang’s engine delivered 782 hp on our engine dyno with the standard, un-ported heads before air intake restrictions stopped our fun) In fact many racers have exceeded those levels with their own heads. Since these heads are going to be expected to live in the 1000+ horsepower range, we decided simply machining a set of traditional heads wasn’t in the best interest of our customers. We decided to create a separate mold and tooling for the R-series head, adding extra material and creating a peanut-port (a port thats designed specifically to be ported) to better optimize the cnc machining required and also be able to maintain proper thicknesses and strength.

Because we created new tooling and molds, the head had to be retested much like a new, untested product would be. We order several sets of sample castings to be cut-up and inspected as well as machining them and then sectioning them to make sure they maintained proper tolerances and thicknesses in all areas.

Ordering castings takes several weeks if not months (you can’t pre-order them until you’ve inspected the heads you just got in to ensure they meet your quality levels otherwise you get more with the same problem) and the process has to be repeated a few times. Currently the R-head is in dyno testing. One of the current delays is we are building an engine that is large enough to truly test the heads.

Once we decide we are happy with the head, it will then be subjected to 40 hours straight on the dyno before its torn apart, inspected for wear, and then cut up to look for weaknesses. Once that is finished, then and only then, will we release the head.

We know there is a demand for this product and we very much want to release this to the market, but we have to maintain our processes to make sure we deliver the product that is expected from us.

Thanks a lot,

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Hey Greg, did I see an R head on the display at the NMRA?

That was a very early version, that will not be what the final product is.

Still waiting... should be ready soon I hope.

Senior Member Array

any updates one the R heads?, been a few months. I keep hearing rumors that some are available (I'm guessing only racing shops)

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last