Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check the add for mickey thompson tires in the new 5.0 they have them listed 17 inches, 26 tall 11.5 wide

Oh yeah this is gonna be fun!!!:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Woah!! That's the sheeet! The height will increase our gear multiplication which should make us run faster ET's. Along with the hook!

I think I might have ta try me some of those!

Thanks for the info, Matt. You are always on top of this stuff.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
They're much lower profile than normal ET streets. So they won't have the same hook. But they'll DEFINATELY out hook the drag radials. Will the half shafts break? Good question. We'll see. :shocked

·
Registered
189 Posts
Summitracing, $166.99 ea. + 5.00ea. UPS fee. Pt. #3743, They are on B/O, but Summit is taking orders, and is said to ship 3/14/03.

Jegs, 179.99ea. + 5.99ea. shipping UPS fee. There due date is 3/7/03

G

·
Ok....will these work on our rims? How much wider are they than the 315 nittos I have on there now?

I dont think the half shafts will not have a prob as long as you come out riding the clutch and keep the initial bang of the launch to a minimum.Then get on her big time in the rest of the gears. Thats my plan anyway :rolleyes:

Harry

·
Registered
189 Posts
Harry,
The stuff is so new, nobody seems to have spec's, but if you go by what the 16x11.5 spec's are, then it should be no problem. On the rim 11.5 side wall to side wall, 9.7" tread.

Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will these tires standup to the street. I only put a few thousand miles a year on the Cobra so wear is not as much an issue. I don't want the tire to blow out at high speeds.

·
Registered
260 Posts
17" ET streets update
I e-mailed micky thompson inquiring about the 17" ET streets... here is the message I sent, and their reply

I own an 03 Cobra, and am awaiting the release of 17" ET
streets... any release date yet? and cound you give me exact measurments on the tire...
thanks in advance.
current tire size is 275/40ZR17 F-1\'s

Jayson

Well Jayson we are trying to get the 26x11.50-17 which is part # 3743
finished at the end of this month or early next month.
thanks Mike

hope this helps...I'll be waiting for these rather than Nitto's or BFG's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts