Average power gains per bolton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Member Array

Default Average power gains per bolton

I think the aftermarket has been out long enough now to ask what are the typical gains for each bolt on part

intake
    tune
    headers
    mid pipe
    catbak
    not sure about underdrive pulleys if they are out
    ect...

seems that cars with full boltons are around the 420 440 range just wondering which mods provide the best hp for your money
    Last edited by herberv; 01-21-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Tune and H/Xpipe seem to give the most hp per $ followed by CAI and headers. Catback is mostly for sound.

my car did 425rwhp with ARH LT and a KN drop in, then we switched out and made 433rwhp 401rwtq with adding a JLT intake both setups were tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by herberv View Post
    I think the aftermarket has been out long enough now to ask what are the typical gains for each bolt on part

intake
    tune
    headers
    mid pipe
    catbak
    not sure about underdrive pulleys if they are out
    ect...

seems that cars with full boltons are around the 420 440 range just wondering which mods provide the best hp for your money
    We are seeing on average between 35-40 rear wheel horsepower for the Steeda and the JLT CAI's with one of our BBR Xtreme Tunes.

We also see on average around 35 rear wheel horsepower with either American Racing Headers or Kooks Longtube Headers with Off Road X-pipe.

Cat-backs and Axle-backs are good for NO HORSEPOWER. They are specifically for sound.

The best bang for the buck is a package that we offer.

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI + SCT X3 Tuner + BBR Xtreme Tune = $675

See link

http://www.blowbyracing.com/jltcoairinsc.html

[QUOTE=JohnnyZ;1663944
    Cat-backs and Axle-backs are good for NO HORSEPOWER. They are specifically for sound.[/QUOTE]

In NA trim =)

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stage IT View Post
    my car did 425rwhp with ARH LT and a KN drop in, then we switched out and made 433rwhp 401rwtq with adding a JLT intake both setups were tuned
    did those long tubes come with a x pipe for those numbers are you still running threw the stock cats

Member Array

so for an na car basically as far as power goes the best boltons would be intake tune around 700 headers x pipe around 1500.. thats not bad at all does anyone offer all this in a package?

Junior Member Array

Brenspeed does, but there stage 2 kit also includes an axle-back, i believe. I have their steeda intake/reflash package, and am damn happy. Real nice product. I'm just not so certain of which LT's i'm after...

Member Array

from what i have seen headers on an na car really are not worth it as far as a big increase in hp. The dynos i have seen show just a 10hp gain if that with longtubes, seems like its a better idea to just get the offroad x pipe keep the stock shorties and put the money for the headers into somehting else....

from what i have seen headers on an na car really are not worth it as far as a big increase in hp. The dynos i have seen show just a 10hp gain if that with longtubes, seems like its a better idea to just get the offroad x pipe keep the stock shorties and put the money for the headers into somehting else....
    Seems we are all debating the same thing and coming up with the same ideas. Hold off on the LT's for now if your not a serious racer that is looking to squeeze every ounce out of yout mods, go with a X-pipe with a tune and intake.

How much are the cats really costing in the power dept because for emission reasons I just do not want to deal with the BS here in NY.

Now my other thing is if we go with an X-pipe on the stock headers then down the road decide to LT the car, well our X-pipe will no longr work and there is extra money now spent. I really am lost on what to do LOL

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BlownBlu97 View Post
    Seems we are all debating the same thing and coming up with the same ideas. Hold off on the LT's for now if your not a serious racer that is looking to squeeze every ounce out of yout mods, go with a X-pipe with a tune and intake.

How much are the cats really costing in the power dept because for emission reasons I just do not want to deal with the BS here in NY.

Now my other thing is if we go with an X-pipe on the stock headers then down the road decide to LT the car, well our X-pipe will no longr work and there is extra money now spent. I really am lost on what to do LOL
    yes that is my exact problem im not sure if the headers are worth it or not.. if they are i guess it would be smart to make the investment if you really plan on going long tubes in the future just go ahead and bite the bullet
    Last edited by herberv; 01-22-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: add

Senior Member Array GeorgeInNePa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herberv View Post
    so for an na car basically as far as power goes the best boltons would be intake tune around 700 headers x pipe around 1500.. thats not bad at all does anyone offer all this in a package?
    If you are not planning ported heads, cams, etc, just go with an O/R X-pipe...

From reading and collecting data from others the number below fall into the range

intake - (5-15hp) honestly im not really sure, some say its not worth it and others swear by it
    tune - (10-15hp) a MUST, this awakens a sleeping giant
    headers - (15-20hp) More flow is always good, but the factory stuff is just good and for once the manifolds are not the choking point on the exhaust this time
    mid pipe - (10-13hp) Both the X and H add some down low grunt to your base TQ numbers
    catback - (ZERO) Sound only
    underdrive pulleys - (havent heard anything yet about these but i bet its minimal unless your cammed and stroked)

so for a street car, X/H-pipe tune and intake is really the essentials for the most gain, everything is pulling at straws. But if you combind everything it adds up to a nice number too. I'm so torn because I do plan on a whipple down the road but cams/ported heads I doubt unless the misfurtoniate happens and I need a rebuild.

Now another question, if all these mods are performed, which is most likely to void the warranty? I assume the tune.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last