Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

BBR Xtreme Tuning for BOSS 302 Manifold

16K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  goneNsixty 
#1 ·
Blow By Racing has had the opportunity to get our hands on one of the new BOSS 302 Intake Manifolds. We've gotten some man hours on the dyno with it as well. So our BBR Xtreme Tuning now offers tunes with the BOSS Intake Manifold. Just thought I'd let everyone know that.

We've seen some impressive horsepower and torque gains with this intake manifold. At this time we cannot release any power gain numbers. However, keep your eyes posted on Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords Magazine. They'll be writing a great tech article on the install and power numbers.

Just know that the customer that we did the testing with is MORE THAN HAPPY with the improvements....especially on the streets.

#10 ·
Yep they're Building up the hype - what I want to know is - besides looking very cool - would this intake provide
every day street able performance gains ie low to mid range grunt ?

And if I get a Boss intake can I get a " track Key " and racing lessons at Laguna Seca ? coowul

#15 ·
Yep they're Building up the hype - what I want to know is - besides looking very cool - would this intake provide
every day street able performance gains ie low to mid range grunt ?

And if I get a Boss intake can I get a " track Key " and racing lessons at Laguna Seca ? coowul
+1 on the low to mid range grunt...

#19 ·
#24 ·
i guess ill have a dyno number before this gets printed.

#29 ·
Im thinking atleast 20 too 30 HP just the intake with tuning.

Tim L
You are dreaming ....theres only 32hp (about 27whp) difference between the normal 412hp 5.0 and the 444hp boss that includes piston, rods, exhaust cam with more lift, better flowing heads and finally this intake ....must still be good from 10-15 whp....with a 10 peak ft pds of torque loss...

#30 ·
The torque loss could be from a bigger exhaust. I have seen dynos showing on the new 5.0 with LTs O/R x-pipe, CAI with tune getting about 445RWHP but less than 400RWTQ. Just like a buddy has a '05 S/C Saleen pushing 500HP about 425RWHP but like 380RWTQ. Another thing I am thinking is how much more will the Boss put out once you do a CAI with tune and change out it's exhaust? Just saying I have seen HP numbers go up but lose of torque because not enough back pressure to keep it plus need to keep rpms up higher because the power band went up in the RPM range causing it to get smaller.

#33 · (Edited)
my expectations are 440rwhp/390rwtq. max. thats from tune/boss intake and throttle body.

im gonna order an ebay 45degree elbow to fix the airaid intake issue. i gotta measure the airriad part and order it.

another 10 from an E85 tune. with all of it i expect 450rwhp.

#34 ·
Am i missing something or will we need a new throttle body as well? Or will our stock unit fit? I havent seen much for after market throttle bodies. Yes some companys saying they on way but are they released yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.