Tuning Dilemma

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Tuning Dilemma

Default Tuning Dilemma

I haven't heard much about BAMA Custom Tuning on this forum. Does anyone have any personal experience with them?

The reason I pose this question is a simple matter of price. I would love to get a tuner from the forum to build me a custom tune coupled with a Steeda CAI, but AM is offering a nice bundle (especially since Tax and shipping does not apply plus free LIFETIME tunes from BAMA). The catch is LRS offers the deal cheaper, but I have to pay shipping and tax. LRS offers is the a BBR tune which I know is a tope tier Tuner (from what I have read on here at least).

I'm looking for something that is not aggressive enough that I would have to worry about any engine trouble as I probably will not run it on a track very often if at all. The car is a daily driver, but as probably everyone on this forum, I want the most out of my car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Im going to post what i did in another thread:

Good luck with your purchase. Free tunes for life are always sweet. I got an evolution tune. from stock, then added exhaust, then intake, and just this morning took the cats off and put on an offroad xpipe. Same 93 octane tune. no adjustments needed. Not really sure why you need revisions "for life" though.. My car idles perfect, daily driveability is perfect, pulls like an animal, and no CEL codes. Jon Lund knows what hes doing. Thats why I went that route. Im sure you wont have any issues with Bama, but i think that whole "tunes for life" is marketing hype.

Go with evolution performace. my car is my daily driver and I havent had any issues what so ever. I live local to BBR, and chose to go with Evolution...

I agree with "whocares" go with Evolution or Jon Lund for your tune.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I'll throw some props out there for the Livernois tune as well. My car with C&L/Axle Back/Tune made 425rwhp and went 12.10 with just the Tune and AB. Idle is perfect, gas mileage is great and the car pulls like beast. I took out an older 2V KB car last weekend and a Roush Charged 09 at the track with just those mods and Livernois tune... Rick also has excellent customer service and Dan Millen is a world class racer who's won numerous events and tunes there 2000HP Turbo car that he's currently racing in Qatar!

I agree with phantomx +1 for Livernois.

Senior Member Array GeorgeInNePa's Avatar

I vote for Livernois also, but their tune package costs more than BAMA.

TORQ Speedlab is the best i have tried.

Another vote for livernois, I have their tune in my auto GT and love it!

Senior Member Array

I had this same post!!! Called American muscle... And I'm going with them and the c&l cai price driven also

At this point I think any of these tuners will get you what you want. Just a matter of who you feel most comfortable with. I have an evolution tune in mine and the car runs great!

The Bama tunes worked out very well , after headers and X pipe had a CEL - they sent me a new tune " free "
    Light is gone car runs great and power is very good . The Tunes for life is not just hype it really does work and
    their tunes are just as good if not better than other tunes available .

Quote Originally Posted by YeloBlaz11 View Post
    The Bama tunes worked out very well , after headers and X pipe had a CEL - they sent me a new tune " free "
    Light is gone car runs great and power is very good . The Tunes for life is not just hype it really does work and
    their tunes are just as good if not better than other tunes available .
    Ill bite..

Bama tunes work well? Over the last few weeks alone ive seen about 4 or 5 threads with issues coming from bama tunes. stalling, detonation, etc.

Congrates on the xpipe and header install. Im glad you got a "free" tune revision. My evolution tune came with the rear o2's already off as well as the cat overtemp protection. After i took my cats off no new tune was needed. IMHO, the tunes for life is just marketing hype and there are better tunes available just from reading what some say about there tunes on here and from local guys where i live.

I dont just feel this way about bama tunes, but there are better tunes out there IMHO, but to each there own. Your money, spend it how you wish.

Well all I can say is worked for me - I have not experienced any of those issues you mentioned .

Thanks for the kind words regarding our tune....

We have spent hundreds of hours developing our tunes and continue to make improvements (we are now on V3.0). We test on the dyno, track and street to ensure everything is truly optimized. I hope this help. We offer free tunes for life and free updates when we come out with a tune revision. Additionally, any part you buy from us that requires a tune comes with a FREE custom mail order tune for your Mustang.

How we differ is truly testing our cars on the street where 99% of your driving is done to ensure the best throttle response and truly the quickest acceleration rather than a dyno number

Read more, watch a video and check out dyno sheets about our 2011 Mustang 5L Custom Tunes

i vote for livernois , i had a custom dyno tune by alternative auto performance in my 07 but the power just didnt seem to b there,im goin to livernois this time

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last