Boss Intake Blower Dyno Test

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default Boss Intake Blower Dyno Test

    Going to be hitting the dyno wednesday evening to baseline the car on the new engine.

    We'll be dropping it off on the way home at Rigid Race Cars in Williamsburg, OH to get the intake tube fabbed up thursday morning then we will try to head back to the dyno thursday evening.

    I'll post up #'s as soon as I have them.

    We will be following up with some JPC head / cam dyno #'s as well within 2 weeks after the boss intake install.

    Those #'s will be for a 5.0 Article and you'll have to wait on them though......
    Last edited by beefcake; 03-21-2011 at 09:28 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Default

    of course, why wouldnt they be lol... However, i should have my blower and intake combo tuned and tested soon =) can't wait to compare numbers beef

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sick2Valve View Post
    of course, why wouldnt they be lol... However, i should have my blower and intake combo tuned and tested soon =) can't wait to compare numbers beef
    The intake i've seen pick up around 55 rwhp up top. I'm real curious how it does on a blower car. I gotta think it's gonna be nasty!

    Finish Line who has been doing my install work, put one on the guy that works next doors car. Has tune, exhaust, and my old 4.10's, and he said from 4500 up was quite noticably faster.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Array GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Going to be hitting the dyno wednesday evening to baseline the car on the new engine.

    We'll be dropping it off on the way home at Rigid Race Cars in Williamsburg, OH to get the intake tube fabbed up thursday morning then we will try to head back to the dyno thursday evening.

    I'll post up #'s as soon as I have them.

    We will be following up with some JPC head / cam dyno #'s as well within 2 weeks after the boss intake install.

    Those #'s will be for a 5.0 Article and you'll have to wait on them though......

    Wow!

    Welcome to 1976!

  7. #5
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    Wow!

    Welcome to 1976!
    lol, i know, i know....

  8. #6
    Senior Member Array GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    lol, i know, i know....
    When you talk to the magazine people, consider sharing with them the wonderful world of the early 90s and BBS boards and email lists....

    ;)

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    The intake i've seen pick up around 55 rwhp up top. I'm real curious how it does on a blower car. I gotta think it's gonna be nasty!

    Finish Line who has been doing my install work, put one on the guy that works next doors car. Has tune, exhaust, and my old 4.10's, and he said from 4500 up was quite noticably faster.
    yeah! I assume making power up to 7800 shouldn't be a problem =)

  10. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sick2Valve View Post
    yeah! I assume making power up to 7800 shouldn't be a problem =)
    Has anyone actually confirmed the auto processor quits at 7800 yet? I haven't heard of anyone.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    Has anyone actually confirmed the auto processor quits at 7800 yet? I haven't heard of anyone.
    Im pretty sure justin has. He said its the same issue they have had on the 05 to 09's they haven't been able to get past

  12. #10
    VMP Tuning Array Justin@VMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    We have not tried to run our car higher than about 7300.

    Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    Has anyone actually confirmed the auto processor quits at 7800 yet? I haven't heard of anyone.

    I had a convo at PRI with one of the FRPP guys, he said the processor was not reliable above 7500 and I got the feeling from him it was stupid to go to 7800 (from a control standpoint). I believe he worked on the boss project heavily.

  13. #11
    Senior Member Array GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    What is the difference between our ECM and the one in the Boss?

  14. #12
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have not tried to run our car higher than about 7300.




    I had a convo at PRI with one of the FRPP guys, he said the processor was not reliable above 7500 and I got the feeling from him it was stupid to go to 7800 (from a control standpoint). I believe he worked on the boss project heavily.
    My car runs fine up to 7,800 at which point there is a limiter of sorts. Some speculate if this is a unknown table, etc... At no time does the car begin to fall on it's face up to that point meaning the PCM is working just fine at those engine RPM's.

  15. #13
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    justin @ JPC

  16. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have not tried to run our car higher than about 7300.

    I had a convo at PRI with one of the FRPP guys, he said the processor was not reliable above 7500 and I got the feeling from him it was stupid to go to 7800 (from a control standpoint). I believe he worked on the boss project heavily.
    Interesting that the stock Boss cal is set to 7900, I wonder if it can actually get there?

    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    My car runs fine up to 7,800 at which point there is a limiter of sorts. Some speculate if this is a unknown table, etc... At no time does the car begin to fall on it's face up to that point meaning the PCM is working just fine at those engine RPM's.
    True, however we've found in the past with other cars that oftentimes you can't get any kind of consistent automatic trans operation when the revs get high enough. Just not enough processor time available. Sometimes some things can be shut off to improve this to some extent.

  17. #15
    Senior Member Array beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    cincinnati, oh
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Hit the dyno. With 10 to 1 motor. 17-18 degrees of timing and a very calm 11.0 a/f. The car peaked at 13psi at 7200 where we let off. Peak power was at 6600. Boost at 6600 was 11 psi. 585 rwhp and 486 ft/lbs.

    With the motor still fresh. Going to keep everything mild and the dyno with the Boss intake will be with the exact same tune. We'll then see if anything needs to be changed. This motor is pretty good at keeping itself where you command though.

    The first run was 10 minutes off the street, and the 2nd run was just a few minutes after that. No real cool down time. Both runs were within 3 rwhp and 4 ft/lbs. Very impressed at the consistency. The boss runs will be hot off the street as well.

    I'm very excited to see the results.

    I'll put the before dyno up in the morning.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Similar Threads

  1. JLT & Boss Intake
    By gdyup in forum 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT and Boss 302
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
  2. BOSS 302 Intake Dyno Results
    By levelbelow2000 in forum 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT and Boss 302
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 01:21 AM
  3. Stock vs. Boss Intake Dyno Results
    By wbt in forum 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT and Boss 302
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
  4. 3.700 Big Bore Boss block w/ 03 blower
    By digiam42 in forum 2003 - 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM