Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Raced a TT viper today..

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Bob@KMS 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Nice...what mods to the Z?

#4 ·
What TT kit?
A basic TT kit on a stock engine Gen II car will make ~800 rwhp on pump gas and full-effort cars make well over 1500 rwhp and go 7's. That was likely a stock-engined RSI/ART/Heffner/etc. car.
Heck, my Paxton-blown GTS with a built-motor goes 9's at 145 on 18" DR's and pump gas. The problem with the TT Vipers is you can't really run them on kill on the street, as they are just sick. UGR went well into the 9's at 154 mph on a TT SRT on street tires and pump gas.
S.

#8 ·
750rwhp c6 z06 vs a 795rwhp viper, the z06 will win hands down. The new z06's are nasty car's. even with just a tune and cold air.

My friend had a supercharged heads cam intake c6 z06, and on pump gas, you would have to bring a stupid fast car to compete with him, or else he would put bus lenghts on you

#12 ·
Excellent, I always wondered how good of a platform the new z06 would be if you replaced the lean N/A powerplant with a slightly heavier but much more powerful built motor power adder combination. Looks like it was just as mouth watering as I thought it would be.

Congrats to you sir, while the viper might have more potential with "x" variables in place, in this particular circumstance it looks like you held your own quite nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.