96 cobra custom BAMA sct tune from AM

+ Reply to Thread

Default 96 cobra custom BAMA sct tune from AM

Got a sct tuner and custom 93 octane BAMA tune from American Muscle for my 1996 Cobra with mods in sig. Plugged it in, loaded it up and took it out for a spin. Felt virtually no difference. Throttle response seemed a bit tighter (i guess) and maybe louder under WOT but honestly i think its me wanting to be able to say it changed something.

Called BAMA and they looked at my tune files and they said my race tune wasnt compensating for long tubes so he changed it and resent it. Also said i should unhook my battery and leave the lights on for a bit to clear any stored memory in the ecu so i went out, reloaded my stock tune, unhooked the battery, waited an hour, reloaded the new tune they sent me and took another spin. No difference

Friends 03 gt with same bolt ons, stock 3.73's and sct tune can spin tire at almost any point in second gear. From reviews i see on these tunes the difference is supposed to be night and day, ppl say they have a hard time not spinning tire with a bit of gas from a stop. Just feel like I spent $375 bucks for pretty much no reason and that i got screwed.

Wanted to get get some input from others to see if there are similar experiences or BAMA messed up my tune or something.

Also wanted to get anyones input on anyone whose gone to Evolution Performance and spent money on their on/off dyno sct tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

any idea how much timing they put in

Im sure i could call em up again or go in to adjust options on the tuner and see what they are currently set at. Any idea what my global spark or any of my rpm interval spark settings should be around?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

my modfox is basicaly the setup u got and my timing peaks out around 27 degrees and moving it up or down hurt my et's

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread