Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

E85 results, Dyno / Track

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  showme cobra 
#1 ·
Video down bottom has all the info if you don't want to read it!

Got the car tuned on Thursday on the E85 and had some great results. Same timing, same 11.9-12.0 A/F ratio and it picked up over the VP109 gas. Here is the graph

So she picked up about 15-20hp and 10-15tq through the whole curve. All we did was drain the tank and add the E85 and retune.

So fast forward to today. Was a bit chilly for racing but similar weather to what we get in October so this is a great comparison. I usually go easy the first pass or 2 to make sure the car feels stable and nothing is weird before going all out. Thank god i did bc the first pass I had an air bubble in the cooling system and about the 1/8 mile I saw the temp gauge go to 215+.

Let it cool for an hour and topped off the coolant. Said F*%$ IT, im going for it. Car felt fine

So shocks full loose, 2 step mid range and ready to rock. Car left great but didn't "feel" much stronger then the norm but man once I hit the 60' it came on HARD. For Comparison....

Previous best at home track (similar weather)
October 2010 after heavily messing with the launch (rpm, suspension etc)

1.341 (almost a 1.33!!!)
6.295 @ 108.19
9.940 @ 133.79

Previous best a couple weeks (Nov 2010) later down in Maryland ("Fast track")
(similar weather)

6.27@108.75
9.90@134.4x

AND TODAYS NEW BEST....FIRST AND ONLY FULL PASS OF 2011!

6.218 @ 109.74
9.823 @ 135.12

NO OTHER CHANGES TO THE CAR EXCEPT NEW FUEL SYSTEM AND THE USE OF E85!!!

Now to tweak it and go the 9.7x i know it will!

VIDEO

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
its worth it if you can support it

#4 ·
I'm not sure I will be able to though. Right now running the triple fore hat w/ GT pumps, mdm driver unit, upgraded line, fore rails, 80 lbs injectors on a return-less system. I am only looking for 7XX range of power. Just don't know if the injectors and non return system will hold up on a TT system at that level.

#5 ·
easy enough to make that return style. I know WV_Snake is make 725-750rwhp and is using 80s on E85. not sure of the rest of his fuel system but I would ask him. I believe its similar.

#7 ·
I got it back in August or September 2010....Ive been debating on painting it....I kinda like it though

#9 ·
Seriously? Your talking about running E85 and all I can think about is how this terminator with an eaton is running 9's in the quarter! Holly crap dude, thats awesome! Congatulations! What is the e85 equivilant too as far as octane rating? I thought i heard somewhere it was close to c16. I'm curious because im running c16 @ $17 a gallon.

#10 ·
Lol. E85 is 105 octane. Plenty of guys using it on high hp cars.

#13 ·
yes it does...winter will have more gas in it and thus a lower ethanol content. so the a/f will go richer. if you have winter gas in it though and put in summer gas it will go leaner. its not a substantial amount though form what Ive seen....nothing someone couldnt handle with their hand held by adding or removing 2-4% worth of fuel

#15 ·
holy 2 years old!

at the time was stock long block...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.