Hydroboost in a fox clearing wiper motor

+ Reply to Thread

Default Hydroboost in a fox clearing wiper motor

So I just finished install the hydroboost in my fox everything seems to be working great no leaks. The only issue I have now is the wiper moto does clear the hydroboost lines that come into the unit. I checked out a couple of the modfox swaps and it looks like you guys just bent the tubing section out of the way for clearence if I'm wrong please let me know thanks. Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

What year hydroboost are you using?
    I used the 96-98 and i didn't do anything at all.

2003 cobra if memory serves me correctly. That stink I wonder if the hose ends are shorter height wise that is. Were I'm running into an issue they come up to high and interfer with getting the motor in. Do you have pictures of your set up in your build thread or can I see pictures of your please.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

There is a few pics, but they aren't close ups of that section.
    I'm also pretty sure i put the wiper motor back in after i was done with the hydroboost.

But remember the hydro you are using is different than mine.

Will unbolting the master from the hydrobooster and swinging it out of the way buy you enough room?

No no the master cyinder isn't in the way it is lines that come out of the hydroboost on top that come from the powersteering pump and the power steering rack. I'm going to just them out of the way with a tube bender. Right now they practically touch the pinch weld seam.

Member Array

I used the hydroboost from an 02 car just bent the lines out of the way. Didn't take much.

Quote Originally Posted by cpurtellII View Post
    No no the master cyinder isn't in the way it is lines that come out of the hydroboost on top that come from the powersteering pump and the power steering rack. I'm going to just them out of the way with a tube bender. Right now they practically touch the pinch weld seam.
    I was able to "clock" my booster so that the lines are on the side(not the top) and the accumulator is on the other side also:

Had to fab a new mounting plate, but I think it came out OK ;)

Thanks for the input I think I will just modify the lines to make them work. That is probaly the easiest solution right now.

I agree totally. I'm sure you can massage the lines enough to get where you want to be.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Well I dropped them off to hydralic shop that did the rest of work to get them bent and brazed and return line off the rack shorted. The guy doing the work figures a couple weeks so hopefully that is all it is so I can get this thing started and off to the tuner finally.

Glad to hear this.
    I just ended up getting the adaptor fittings from Hyrdatech to run custom lines.
    Was somewhat pricey, though....
    Then again my car has a steering box, not a rack so it made it a little easier.
    Would love to see pics of the finished product.

Yeah I might just use the adapter I like the idea of just using regular hydro hoses.

16. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread