Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

300+ shot of nitrous in a 2v

48K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  Nitrous Express 
#1 ·
anybody spraying a 300 shot or bigger into a 2v i wana know what your set up is?

#9 ·
Not really a youngster I go fast now I want to know if or how many people have done it ive only seen about 2 guys on here with alot of nitrous and they both had 500 shots on them but I cant find there piston choices or ring gap or ring spacing for nitrous on a 2v sorry if you guys wanna make fun of me because I ask a question but if you dont want to help dont ****ING post in here!

#12 ·
(97cobra)yes and how im starting to put it together direct port with a standalone fuel system two fuel pumps off each side one for each kit into a eddy and tap in to the bottom of it tap into the bottom of each runner and spray directly into each intake port of the head pretty much and have the rails set up under the mani aswell i might have to swap to a auto so it dont tear my motor apart every time i shift because how hard it would be hitting

#14 ·
(97cobra)yes and how im starting to put it together direct port with a standalone fuel system two fuel pumps off each side one for each kit into a eddy and tap in to the bottom of it tap into the bottom of each runner and spray directly into each intake port of the head pretty much and have the rails set up under the mani aswell i might have to swap to a auto so it dont tear my motor apart every time i shift because how hard it would be hitting
car looks good!! sound like a nice setup, I think it would be cool to see it done! not like it has not been done before. did you ever think about doing a two stage setup? like 100shot on the first stage then 200 on the next stage, so its not a big hit all at once. thats what my friends do on their LS1's.

#20 · (Edited)
I use to run a bullitt intake with the nos nozzle kit. I had it jetted for a 250 shot but made alittle over 200 to the tires. I also had my intake tapped to run a second kit but never used it. I had this setup for a few yrs and worked great for a street only car. Before I swapped setups I wanted to try a 300 but never ended up doing it. I use to know a guy who ran a 300 shot through the nozzle kit but he blew a plug out the head.

#21 ·
With a 300 shot the cylinder pressure will be VERY high. Consider timeserts in the head to give as much plug thread as possible, as well as MLS gaskets and head studs. It can be done (nitrous is the easy part), but you will need a built motor. If you already have a built motor, you can press. I would consider a direct port setup on a TFS or Bullitt intake manifold and a traditional nozzle in your inlet tube. Think about 200-250 through the foggers and a 100-150 through the nozzle. You can also run all that off of one bottle. I would run a 15 pounder though as a 10 lb bottle would only last about 3-4 runs with that much juice. You will need a lot of fuel pump, I would even consider a return style with a 4-5 port regulator so you can plumb the fuel supply for the solenoids directly there and it won't interfere with normal engine fueling. Run 1-2 step colder plugs like AR99's or 94's. It would be SWEET if you could find an old NOSzle kit like mentioned above...those were genius for their time...but they got discontinued because of leaking issue with larger shots. Another way would be to stack a carb plate between upper and lower manifold. The ZEX perimeter plates can provide a 200 shot, but they probably dont make one for a TFS/Bullitt...a sullivan or HPP 2V intake may be the ticket. There will be so much going into this, it's hard to cover every angle in one post...I'll think more about it.

#25 ·
here is a vid of my car.. We run a heads-up class called Performance Street. We have to weigh in at 3150 pounds and can only use a number 65 nitrous jet. That is pretty close to a 150 shot. Later after this season is over we are going to "pill it up and let it eat" My hope is to get into the 5's in the 1/8 th with about 225-250 shot which should be close to a high 8 1/4 mile time

You will need something colder than a AR 94 plug, We run AR 474's and NGK B8EFS plugs. both are a non-projected tip plug
with the 14 to 1 compression I have plus the N20 it will burn the tips off of the plugs if you go hotter that

my car is the last one about at the 2:50 minute mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.