HELLION '11 5.0 Mustang makes 653hp730tq - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
    Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 16yroldcobraboy View Post
    werent all the cars at king of the street previously tuned?

PS johnny i sent you a PM regarding the wheels.
    Yes, probably on a dyno. I wasn't trying to start a debate. And I do agree that tuning on the track is good. But I just didn't understand why it couldn't make a full pull on the dyno. Doesn't make sense to me. I tuned the quickest 3v to date on the dyno with 20 psi and it made over 1,000 hp. I've tuned countless turbo cars on a dynojet. So I wasn't sure if I was missing something specific to this car. I guess we will see how it does at the track soon enough.
    Last edited by TKB; 06-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Did anyone see what rpm full boost was reached?

Yeah only thing i can assume is they didnt wanna tune it with no load from the dyno? then run it on the street and hurt it? idk... i just got off work:P

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

Yeah only thing i can assume is they didnt wanna tune it with no load from the dyno? then run it on the street and hurt it? idk... i just got off work:P
    No, must be something else. First off, there is 'load' on it. The weight of the drum does that. But the load is not adjustable on their dyno. I'll actually be tuning a manual Hellion car very soon, so I'll make a new thread when I do to see how it went. It will be tuned on the same type dyno.

Member Array

jesus christ thats amazing turbos are obviously the best for the 5.0 those tq numbers are amazing on pump!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    After testing today, we were able to make an amazing 653 rwhp / 730 rwtq at 15lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas in a 2011 5.0L 4V Mustang GT with a MT-82 6-speed transmission. As a matter of fact, the car is stock with the exception of the Magnaflow Comp Axleback System.

We added a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump and the supplied 52# Injectors from Hellion to help with the needed fuel. Tune is very conservative and safe with only 15° of timing in the tuning.

More numbers are to come. But this is where we are as of right now. Thought it was pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    No, must be something else. First off, there is 'load' on it. The weight of the drum does that. But the load is not adjustable on their dyno.
    Exactly this.... Weight of the drum IS the load. The thing that changes from the dyno drum to the street, is the higher back forces on the weight of the fuel being pushed up the lines. In some cases, with lighter cars, the drum will actually put a higher load on the engine in the higher RPM's.

Idk. I'm just retarded haha, the cars I've been in have been tuned on the street or strip whichever they spend their time, then the dyno. Haha. Back to op

It's pretty amazing what a 67 did on that car!

Very impressive. I wonder how long the stock bottom end will last?

Premium Member Array black2003cobra's Avatar

Nice! Would like to see the entire graph.

well, seems like it would make more sense to start on the dyno and try to somewhat baseline it, before throwing it on the street with even more load????

I guess Im the only one who cares where these turbo kits reach full boost? Theres no way I am dropping $7k-$8k on ANY performance products without knowing fully what Im in for.

Member Array

are there any full photos of this kit?

cause from what i have seen with the ic location, and i guess where the air filter has to be and the size it would need to be, would explain why the dyno is hidden..

beers

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bench View Post
    I guess Im the only one who cares where these turbo kits reach full boost? Theres no way I am dropping $7k-$8k on ANY performance products without knowing fully what Im in for.
    if you are really interested on this kit just call hellion. and its not 8k its 6k.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bench View Post
    Give it a little time. More info will be released as more shops/people are installing them. The kit just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by manolith View Post
    if you are really interested on this kit just call hellion. and its not 8k its 6k.
    It starts at $6k with options it can get to over $7k. I have seen a handful of cars with these kits on the forums and in magazines but nobody mentions spool time. I just find it odd that nobody but me considers this an important factor in choosing this kit over anything else. No big deal I guess.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last