HELLION '11 5.0 Mustang makes 653hp730tq - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456

That's all I have. We're not designing it. Hellion is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I'm wondering what it will do on 8-10#s since thats what most the blower kits come pullied for.. i can't see a stock motor taking 15#s from a turbo for long.. usually a motor on 8#s from a turbo will pop before the blower at same boost.. been my expierence lol.. any numbers on the lower boost yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    That's all I have. We're not designing it. Hellion is.
    I'm pretty positive he's not referring to the design of the kit. Did you miss the ton of questions before that was referring to the actual kit that this whole thread is about? I have to agree with him on the lack of questions answered. BBR has already dropped 2 threads on this kit and the only info we've gotten is what we can already find out from Hellion's (and Motiva's) website and just some dyno numbers with a bunch of details missing. You guys didn't even show us the whole sheet! You advertise this kit on the BBR website, so I think it's in the business' interest to let everyone on here know some more about it. Considering I have the kit sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, I'd like to know more as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by qwiksillva View Post
    I'm pretty positive he's not referring to the design of the kit. Did you miss the ton of questions before that was referring to the actual kit that this whole thread is about? I have to agree with him on the lack of questions answered. BBR has already dropped 2 threads on this kit and the only info we've gotten is what we can already find out from Hellion's (and Motiva's) website and just some dyno numbers with a bunch of details missing. You guys didn't even show us the whole sheet! You advertise this kit on the BBR website, so I think it's in the business' interest to let everyone on here know some more about it. Considering I have the kit sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, I'd like to know more as well.

Who started this thread?

I don't know where that article is that you're referring to, but even still, that 67mm turbo can continue to make power up there, it's just not efficient when compared to a larger turbo at those boost levels. You can argue that that turbo is not good to 25psi since it's beyond it's prime efficiency. It's all how you want to define what a turbo is "good" to. For example, I used to drive a Dodge Neon SRT-4 with some light bolt-ons as a daily driver. I had it's itty-bitty stock turbo pushing 22psi. That was way beyond its efficiency, but it continued to bring more power to the engine. That turbo is going to continue to give the car more power every pound of boost you add (with proper tuning) to 25psi. There's no arguement in that.

Just a FYI for those who are curious exactly what turbo is being used: (a pic of the 67mm turbo I have)
    In the MM&FF hellion Install issue,just going by what I read under a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by er306 View Post
    i believe that turbo is Precision's 6765 with a Billet wheel which is rated to 900 BHP. At 15lbs the 5.0 should theoretically make roughly 840BHp. so at 15 lbs it's pretty much done!!! you also have to consider that different engines will make different hp with the exact same turbo. you could put that turbo on a 4 cyl or small 6 cyl and very well make 900BHP at their peak RPM...But on a 300" V8 you end up experiencing what we are seeing in these dynosheets peak HP at an earlier RPM instead of peak RPM. I'm not saying this is the wrong turbo for these cars... but QUICKSILVA is correct in stating that it will work great for the user that wants to keep it in the 600 RWHP range because it will make the turbo spool great and create tons of torque. If you want to make more HP... then a bigger turbo is going to be needed or maybe two of these 67's LOL.
    And my knowledge on turbo's keeps growing,thank you sir

At the risk of throwing myself out there as the bad guy...who cares.
    We all know what the real deal was with johnnyZ and these threads.

I've got nothing wrong with promoting a product,****...its what I did
    best back in my day. What I hate is when were all promised certain
    things months ago..and yet...there's still no stand up folks stepping
    up to the plate from FL in these threads. I just dont get it...selling a
    product is one thing,following up with folks interested just isnt good
    enough for vendors...or something. This cant help business IMO...

I was thinking about getting this kitt.. Buttttt.. they are miking almost same numbers on 15#s that Hellion said they made on the MSD car in MM&FF at 6#s... same size turbo

9. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456