new falcons

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new falcons

Member Array

Default new falcons

http://www.cardomain.com/id/xr_factor

cant wait till they come to America. Is there any word when they will be coming?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

That's pretty cool, needs to be a two door and if they do bring it to the US they better not it up like they did the GTO.

Grabber Freakin Orange Array FalconGTHO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by focus0frenzy1
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/xr_factor

cant wait till they come to America. Is there any word when they will be coming?
    Never.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Not gonna see it happen. At least, not with that engine. Dan Millens Outlaw Car could probably pass Austrailias emissions requirements. Besides, Ford already has ANOTHER car slated for US (The Lincoln Zephyr will also be produced off of the same assy line.)

Dave

Looks like a Honda......even worse than the GTO

Senior Member Array Boosted98GT's Avatar

It's ok looking. Where's the turbo?

Middlefield, Ohio - 4th largest Amish community in the world!

I like the Aussie "GT" = dunno if it's still being made or not, but it was a cool car - mod motor too I think...

It doesn't need a friggin turbo! They offer those suckers with a 380hp 4v 5.4!! They're absolutely nuts.. If that's too much for you, you can still get a direct-injection gasoline straight-6 with a turbo that puts out just over 300 ponies if I remember correctly.

Dave

Senior Member Array

Think it looks like a Lancer Evo big brother.

A few things...

First off SCT spent about 2 weeks in Australia working on their control systems (all speed density) and we now offer tuning tools to Australia through a company called CAPA. So, since I have actually been there, and tuned some of these cars, I think I can speak about this some..

First off, there is no way Ford is going to import that car. Here's why. There is no OBDII in Australia. There are no rear O2 sensors, they area all speed density, they use a totally different O2 grounding scheme that won't work here. There is no misfire profile work done on those motors for misfire detection, they are return sytle fuel system (pretty hard to pass EVAP with a return system, not impossible, but tough). The vehicles don't meet US crash standards. The list goes on, but it's not gonna happen.

Now, these cars rock!. We made like 380 RWHP on a 5.4L 290Kw automatic Falcon FPV-GT. This was a totally stock car with nothing more than tuning. I even have pictures of the various cars and engines that we took. The straight 6, 4.0L DOHC turbo Falcon also have a ton of potential. The fuel system cannot support much more than 350 RWHP stock, and then the valves start to float, but it does make some sick torque.

I wish we could by that powertrain in the US. A 4 door sedan that makes 380 RWHP with tuning...

j

don't like it. I think it looks like a sentra crossed with a rsx. lol. ford makes lots of cars for other contries that will never make it here. just chalk that down as one of them.

Senior Member Array SaleenCobra425's Avatar

Meh, it looks ok, but I think it would turn into the GTO-type thing.
    -SC425

and I dont think the gto has much of a future in its present state. Its way over priced and just plain looking. gm screwed themselves by not redesigning the camaro/trans am. at least it was competively priced. good luck getting ford to bring any of its foreign performance cars to the states.

-James-

Lets not forget that the GTO will be packing a good 400 ponies underhood next model year. Yikes. Price isn't supposed to change much either...

Dave

Member Array

who brought back this deal thread ne ways. i started it few months ago. the falcons are pimp but sadly will never be legal in the states

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread