Alluminator shortblock w/Turbonetics kit

+ Reply to Thread

Default Alluminator shortblock w/Turbonetics kit

Ok guys, long story short a shop near by blew my stock block so I opted for the following.
    -Alluminator Short-block from FRPP
    -Turbonetics Turbo kit
    -FRPP intake
    -BBK Throttle body twin 62mm
    -Comp Cams XFI-SPR stage 2, steel springs, steel retainers and cam phasers
    -FRPP shorty headers
    -Spec Stage 3, 6 puck street/strip clutch
    -and of course tune and dyno once its back together.

What I would really like to know is with all that I was told I should easily see around 700hp. However I ran into an older fella the other day at the gas station and he was driving his 1000+ hp 5.0 and he said I would be lucky to get 550-600. Any thoughts on this or am I just being nervous as hell considering I just blew all my savings from doing numerous tours in Iraq and Afgan. I really hope I didnt just blow my 9k+. Thanks for any advice guys.

06 GT with Cervini's Eleanor kit bunch of gauges and well you know the rest now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I guess it would be depending on the size of the turbo's you got and the fuel system. As far as the block holding, I don't know much about the aluminator block. Is it a forged internals? Are these internals built to handle that type of horsepower/boost? With the right amount of boost, fuel, spark and supporting internals, I don't see why you couldn't see 700hp. What information did you give him that would lead him to believe that you could only get those numbers?

60mm turbo along with 39lb injectors orther than that stock fuel lines and pump. Shortblock has forged cobra crank with piston rods and 16cc dished pistons stock spark as of right now. Was thinking bout getting the GMS coil plug packs that have 60k volts each. I called ford racing where I ordered the block from and they said the block can safely hold 700 but they wouldn't recommend going over that and it still being safe. I forgot to mention ARP headstuds earlier too. Im pretty sure that's everything. Thanks for the advice jp stang.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

the block will hold but with 39lb injectors and a single 60mm turbo its only going to make around 500whp. If you want 700 your going to need a 76mm or twin turbos and at least 60lb injectors. Also need to upgrade other parts of the fuel system

^^^Agreed. I have 42lb. injectors right now and they only got me to 451whp. I am upgrading to 60's now and am looking to 600 to the wheels. Your turbo is also too small. If I remember correctly, I had a 70mm on my notchback and it got me to 580 to the wheels with 50lb. injectors. But, I was maxing the injectors out. I would probably go to 72lb. injectors if you are looking to make 700 reliable.

I was afraid of that. I just spoke with the shop working on my car and they are going to research some prices on a precision 76 or 78mm turbo, 60lb injectors and a GT 500 duel fuel pump system. This stinks, I was hoping I would be done with spending money. Thank You guys. I really appreciate it. I was afraid that the shop was trying to rip me off. especially since they are the same shop that blew my motor after I told them NOT to push more than 9psi or 450hp from the stock bottom end.

Not a problem man! I am just curious man, is this only shop available to you? There is no way I would take my car to a shop that did something I told them not to do! If they went over 9psi or 450hp without my permission, I would be extremely pissed! I sure as hell wouldn't go back to them. Do you have any other options? The only way I would be able to go back is if the block blew at the levels I told them to take it to. If that is the case, it is a different story.

I hope everything works out ok man. I wish you good luck from here on out.

I sure hope it all works out for me too man. however I didn't have any other choice really. the other option was to take it to Fastlane in benson, nc but that is like 3 hours away and I couldn't get a ride back after dropping it off and they quoted me for $8700 just for the short-block build when this shop is doing it for $6300 including the install of all the extras for no charge and 50% off labor fees. I learned my lesson for sure. Next time I am taking it to Fastlane since they can do everything in house 100%. But unfortunately this is what I had to work with for the price and budget I had. Its my daily driver other than my harley which I cant use all the time for obvious reasons. Just an all around crappy situation. I'd tell you the name of the shop but idk who is on here and they still have my car, ya know. maybe after I get it back I'll let you know if you wanna know still.

You don't have to say anything man, I understand. Good luck with your build and be sure to let us know how everything turns out! You should have a bada$$ car on your hands!

I sure it turns out nice and ill definitely keep you guys updated.

My car is almost done. As soon as it is finished I'll post some pics of the car and the dyno sheets with and without boost along with a list of all mods so hopefully it can help someone else. I went through hell trying to get this witch done.

Sweet man! Congrats on the build!

Yeah, good luck man. Power is the easy part, reliability is the tough part. 8700 for an engine is pretty damn pricey if you ask me...I am a strong proponent of building things yourself. Engines are no different. I was able to build mind for about 2500 bucks including ALL parts/machining, etc. I agree with the other dudes when they said to stay away from the shop that blew your stuff up. BAD JUJU to not listen to the customers want.

16. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread