SCT Big Air MAF & SCT custom tune coming tomorrow!

+ Reply to Thread

Default SCT Big Air MAF & SCT custom tune coming tomorrow!

Well, when I put my combo together I went with one of the well know names in the business for my tuning via the Diablo Rev software. The car runs great, but the probelm is its a mail order tune and although I had the car dynoed and the chip sent back & reburned 3 times to get it right, its still working around a pegged MAF.

To add to that I've read alot of posts about the SCT software being superior to Diablo - I dont know? Anyway, a guy that use to work at SCT (Justin Starkey) will be in Miami tomorrow to dyno tune a few cars - mine being one of them. He is going to be installing a SCT 2400 MAF as well to take care of the pegging problem. From what I hear he has a very good reputation as a tuner and is very knowledgable with the SCT software.

Has anyone here had any tuning done by Justin Starkey? Any comments?

So my car put out 626/577 STD with the stock pegged MAF and the Diablo Rev. software. I know it will be much safer with the SCT MAF - But does anyone think I'll also pick up some power switching to SCT? I'm asking him to provide me with an aggressive pump gas tune (that exactly what I told my first tuner).

Alright, I'll let everyone know how things go and I'll post up the dyno sheets tomorrow night or Saturday...And thanks for any responses or comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Depending on what your a/f looks like, I would say there would be a very good possibility in seeing some gains. If you are running real fat say in the middle of the powerband to keep the a/f down up top, it's a possibility. Keep us posted

4. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread