Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Well it's time for a rebuild.

34K views 109 replies 16 participants last post by  screwonbudnik20 
#1 ·
#85 ·
It is running on its own. Transmission shifts smooth only been up and down my 300 foot driveway so far. Feels good sound good. Today was a busy day welded cross member and engine mid plate as well as installed new th400 Trans and new drive shaft and new id1000 injectors. 5w20 oil 75 psi on start down a little above 20 hot. Coolant running 180. Trans running 160. Had a bit of trouble getting it to crank. Turns out the transmission harness that I removed needed one pair of wires tired together after consulting the diagram.
Not a leak one anywhere. I'm so happy right now. Thank you so much modular Fords and ED for getting me though this.

#88 ·
It is running on its own. Transmission shifts smooth only been up and down my 300 foot driveway so far. Feels good sound good. Today was a busy day welded cross member and engine mid plate as well as installed new th400 Trans and new drive shaft and new id1000 injectors. 5w20 oil 75 psi on start down a little above 20 hot. Coolant running 180. Trans running 160. Had a bit of trouble getting it to crank. Turns out the transmission harness that I removed needed one pair of wires tired together after consulting the diagram.
Not a leak one anywhere. I'm so happy right now. Thank you so much modular Fords and ED for getting me though this. ...
You did all the heavy lifting Chris - by yourself. All I did was provide a little verbal support from time to time.

Great job, impressive attention to detail!!

Ed

#92 ·
TH400 front band if using the heavy duty 4l80e band must use the apply pin from a 4l80e as well. the pin for a th400 is 2.53 inches long and the pin for a 4l80e band is 2.73 inches long. The 4l80e band is bent in such a way at the apply point that it requires the longer pin for proper apply of band in an engine braking application. This post will be handy to someone someday.

#95 ·
Went to dyno today. Very good outcome. pegged 90mm meter with mafia maxed out as well@ 4800 was showing 600+rwhp and the converter wasn't even locked yet. converter going back. looking for a new MAF solution as we speak. Timing was 10 degrees boost was 19 pounds. All though my TH400 with my 20 inch street wheels and tires.

#97 ·
Incredible job done on this build! It's quite an accomplishment! Congratulations on your build! It looks and sounds awesome!

#98 ·
Still working through some transmission stuff. Was stalling higher than I wanted. Weird thing is on the dyno it will spool to 5000 instantly upon wot. As soon as it gets there it drops back to 4000. No explanation timing table doesn't change. Fuel is still good. It's like all a sudden it gets loaded down. We think it's in the converter. Coan had me do some converter flow testing. Thinking that the converter might be starved. But testing revealed no pressure fluctuations in the cooler circuit. Stay state cruise 75psi. Half throttle hit from 55 mph resulted in 105psi. Any thoughts? Coan seems to think the converter I have should be good and that for me to make it stall to 5000 would take over 1000ftlb. I don't know. I don't think it's making that but 800 isn't out of the question. I would like to get my stall down in the low 3000 range. Street driven 99% of the time. They think an 11 inch may be the way we have to go.

#106 ·
Had issues after going to slot MAF in a 4 inch pipe even with 16 inches of straight pipe before the MAF. Setup was as follows. 3 inch 90 3 inch to 4 inch coupler 12 inches to the MAF. Added a peice of saxxonpc 6:1 honeycomb in the 4 inch pipe right after the coupler. Idle is much better. Signal is twice as smooth. Still not as smooth as the original 90mm LMAF with MAFIA on it but the idle has calmed down quite a lot. Have not driven it yet to check for part throttle cruising to see how it stabilizes AFR.

Logs follow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.