Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

KENNYS96T BAD SELLER Eagle 3.750 steel crank "JUNK"

19K views 64 replies 7 participants last post by  351Blueblood 
#1 ·
I bought his junk and now am out a crank. He sold it stating std/std it came in std/.010 mains and all the mains where heat cracked so deep the race crank grinder turned it to check it and it would not clean up. He gave me back crank after test grinding it and said its "JUNK". I also won the Paypal decision that he miss represented the crank. I should of sent junk back.

WARNING he is not a honest seller. I could see the heat cracks by my old bad eyes as soon as I pulled it from shipping box. I have pics of everything and all copies of Emails back and forth of how rude he was. He just wanted to dump his trash on another person.

OH disregard all above! I have a nice used 3.750 crank for sale. Just a polish and it will be good as new. (joke)

Here is his ad on here. http://www.modularfords.com/f179/used-stroker-kit-4-sale-182496/

well i have 4 sale a used stroker kit eagle forged steel 4340 8 bolt 3.75 crankshaft, it could be polished or cut .010/.010 but its not too bad, its std size so its no prob.

5.950 eagle rods have 1.889 honda journal and .866 pin the rods are all mint, matched to diamond custom forged 4v pistons 12cc 4 reliefs and small dish 9-1 comp range they are also mint and .020 oversize ,but yes clearenced to the stroker crank,
pins and rings included, job # on pistons are 26148 they have 1.11 comp. height,very minor scuffing but very low mi. they are as good as a used set you will find, also they are not coated scrt design
retail 2495.00
asking 850.00 obo may part out
i also have avail. sep. a wap and a teksid both std
pics avail soon just shoot me your email, please no pic collectors just buyers!
i decided to sell and just use a stock crank since i found a good deal on a set of forged flat tops
ken

I bought the "kit" off Ebay here is his ad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/29066286936...e-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_1080wt_1270

See less See more
#7 ·
Paid on Feb-02-12 via PayPal

ford 4.6 dohc cobra stroker 5.1L
290662869362 - Price: US $800.00Quantity:
Standard Shipping : US $89.00FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery[SUP]®[/SUP]
Estimated delivery: Varies*
This service delivers within 1 - 5 days after seller ships the item.
US $800.00

Payment Instructions:
items over 300.00 i charge a 3% paypal fee,i forgot to put this in the auction,please split the difference with me if paying by paypal 1.5% is 12.00 fee.shipping 77.00 for both boxes800.00 for all itemstotal to paypal is 889.00your items will arrive in 3-7 days groundthanks for your purchaseke

You can see at end of auction he also charged me 1/2 the paypal fee when NOT listed in his ad,

#11 ·
Before I even bought kit I purposely ask him about the crank.

To: 2manyfastbuicks4me
Subject: Re: Other: 351blueblood sent a message about ford 4.6 dohc cobra stroker 5.1L #290662869362
Sent Date: Feb-01-12 14:50:04 PST

Dear 2manyfastbuicks4me,

Hi Ken, I was wondering if I could get any more info on this kit? Was it your engine? How many miles ran,was it boosted or NOS hit? Why was it taken apart? I really want this. On the crank you say polish then could use a .010/.010 turn? I hope I don't come off like noob just like info. Thanks for your time. Frank

- 351blueblood

#15 ·
I do infact see the hairline cracks..

Im kinda noobish to builds, but can you not grind the crank down to. 20 and use thicker bearings? Or is the hairline crack enough to make it scrap worthy?

#17 ·
Oh....thats no bueno..did he attempt to grind it down? I believe that make bearings as big as. 40? So if you could grind past the cracks it could be usable?

#31 ·
buyer beware im dealin with same anytime you get used parts there as a high potential theirs a problem why would they sell them just sayin

#34 ·
ThThis thread is a mess..lol. how much did the new crank cost? Kenny96gt at least owes you the cost of the new crank. Nuff said, end of discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.