Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Vortech blower pulley alignment

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bigmackloud 
#1 ·
It appears that my belt alignment is off. It looks like the Vortech blower pulley is sitting too far in/out towards the motor.

What determines how far onto the shaft the pulley sits? Could I use a washer between the pulley bolt and the pulley to space it inward?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Check and make sure you don't have too much play in the blower shaft where the pulley is. If you have to move the blower I suggest putting washers between the blower bracket and timing cover. I have had to do that a few times on other cars. Start with thin washers

#3 ·
I have already spaced the blower bracket out from the timing cover. I had to do this when I swapped from a single-bolt tensioner to a 3-bolt tensioner which is thicker. I don't feel comfortable spacing it out any further from the block.

At this point my options appear to be moving the blower pulley or using spacers between the blower head and the blower bracket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.