Need sugestions for 331 set up with v2 si

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Array

Default Need sugestions for 331 set up with v2 si

Hi there,

I bought an unfinished project and would like to try to set this car up right so it will run good and achieve some nice hp numbers. Currently the car runs fine. I had to have the vortech v2 s sent out for new bearings and had them instal an upgraded si impeller. I have asked this question to a few shops and have got different answers. Some have told me to change the fuel pump, others have told me the fuel pumps are fine and to change the injectors to 60lb and change the mass air to 90mm. Any suggestions are welcome. This car is primarily for the street with occasional strip usage. I am also considering putting on an intercooler but haven't found any great photos showing how people have set it up on a similar car (1994-1995)

Here is the current set up:

DSS 331 stroker
    anderson motorsport cam
    Trick Flow twisted wedge heads with 190cc
    trick flow street heat intake
    vortech fmu (which i think can be deleted)
    42LB injectors
    aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
    bbk 75 mm throttle body
    air prom 76mm mass air
    egr delete
    vortech v2 si with 3" pulley 8 rib pulley set up
    anderson power pipe
    bbk shorty headers
    bbk off road h pipe
    2 wide band 02 sensors
    flow master 3 chamer exhaust
    wallbro 255 lph in tank pump
    t rex in line pump

What would you recommend changing in this set up? Thanks for the input.
    :icon_starwars:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Late reply, but how are you making out with this car?

Ive never been a fan of the dual pump setup that work on the same line.

I would put the attention to the fuel system.
    Change the pumps to either a single intank pump like a Aeromotive 340 or the new Walbro 400. A seperate power supply/relay would be nice to ensure the pump is getting all the voltage throughout the entire RPM range.

Id also suggest to upgrade the feed and return lines. Ive got -8an feed and -6an return on my car. Overkill? Perhaps.

You can go 60lb injectors, get rid of the FMU and get a dynotune/chip for it. Make sure the tuner knows what they are doing with a 94-95 computer. Ive heard of MANY so called tuners suggest to swap to a foxbody computer like an A9L, for dumb reasons like "an SCT doesnt work well with 94-95 computers". This is backwards, dont listen to any "tuner" that tells you that. IF the tuner uses an SCT chip, get a matching SCT BA meter.

Should have no problem making 500+ rwhp. However, keep in mind that the block is the weak link at those power levels. Keep the RPMs under 6500 and have the tune spot on and the block will live.

magic is correct on the matter.

Id put attention into fuel system, and even maybe swap out the blower for a t-trim so u have more room to grow:D

fuel lines are pretty easy to do, and not to expensive. FMU is also junk.. as he said lol

PS, magic been a long time you homo!:D i wasnt even aware of the 400, that work in our cars?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo96cobra View Post

PS, magic been a long time you homo!:D i wasnt even aware of the 400, that work in our cars?
    homo? thats NOT what she said!! LOL

The walbro 400 can work with modifications. Or better yet, 03 Cobra tank with a dual or triple intank pump fuel hat! Or sumped tank with dual inline walbros or bosch 044s.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread