Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Picking it up Friday.... 2103 Boss....Just "Gotta have it" lol

8K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  PaxtonShelby 
#1 ·
Well, not having a Mustang for 3 months killed me.... I am reborn again...

The "Gotta have it Green" is amazing in person.... I had to have it...

Recaros, track key and uploaded software, Weathershield cover, with floor mats package. Dealers around New England are trying to get 1500.00-10,000.00 over sticker for these LOLOLOL....... I refused and walked out of a couple dealerships, and they didn't even have the green. Looked at a yellow one... Just didn't do a thing for me. $47,225.00 out the door.....

I will also be supercharging it hopefully this year.

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW !!! all the best..I am a little jealous :)

#6 ·
Gorgeous car - congrats!

If you supercharge, won't you need a custom tune that will eliminate the Track Key function?

#7 ·
I have no clue on that one yet.......Going to worry about that when the time comes.. I assume the PCM has an additional bank for the track key, so therefore, I will also have a tune loaded totally separate using the standard key...

#8 ·
A friend if mine has one, and got the track key option when he bought it. The track key becomes just another key once a custom tune is loaded in the car. Aside from that I seriously doubt you'd want a motor tune in the car with that key with a blower on the car, if you could do it anyway.

Shannon

#17 ·
tick tick tick tick...

#18 ·
The new stripe kit looks better than last years. Still not a fan of the factory wheels though. That would be the first thing I changed if I got one. That car needs some sort of dished black wheel on it to look right. Even though they have been used a lot, the black bullets would look great on that car.

#21 ·
I know the wait is the worst...You understand the wait for the build, but once it is built and shipped that seems to go very slow. Mine was shipped the week of 06-11-12 and due 06-14-12...but never got there until 06-27-12. Longest week or two in a long time. It would have been better not to know nothing until I get a call from the dealer.

I also agree that the new front, and stripe kits looks much better this year than last. I was in the market last year but could not stomach the 5 to 10K over list. Glade it worked out like it did, I have a better looking car, with more features and a nicer front and rear valance, for much less money. On the track key...I know most think they would only use it, but you don't just insert it and go, the car first tells you, it has detected a Track key, you have to respond by hitting OK, then is reminds you this is only for Track Conditions, and you have to respond again. Not that that is so bad, but enough to make the more sensible half of your brain think twice about running around in this mode. These cars were not designed or bought for fuel economy, but still...it's on everyone's mind non days.

I will say that I was very surprised at just how compliant the ride is. I, like the rest of you, read all the articles I could on the Boss, and several made comments that they might find the car to firm for everyday driving, while others had no problems with the ride. I also, had Never before even sat in a new mustang, meaning anything newer then 2004, not even at the dealership. Our local dealer can never get one in, and when they do it's gone the next day. So, I just took a chance that the seats. ride and car would be smooth enough for everyday driving. It is....I fact I still cannot get over how quite, smooth and easy it is to drive. The Recaro seats are the most comfortable seat I have ever had the pleasure to seat in. Something I was not originally going to order, I simply did the math, and came to the conclusion that for 1995.00 you get 3000.00 worth of seats and a 1250.00 diff, you don't have to be that smart to see the value....and I'm glad I did. The rear end diff is very. very smooth. There is no jerking at slow tight corner speed and it grabs right now, nothing like the Detroit Lockers I'm use to or spools. While I have only about 80 miles on it now, so far it is very impressive. The engine seems more than enough, as I have not taken it past 5000RPM, due to break in , but I do not see me SC this car. It has plenty of power, and very, very useful. I can run around in traffic or in-town in 5th gear with no problems or lugging the engine, even with only 500 RPM's it picks right up and goes. The shifter is a little stiff, but very precious, and I suspect that with use it will wear in and shift better. The new hill holder is also a very nice surprise. It kicks in on its own and works great! You know I was second guessing myself about the Boss, I thought I was not going to like it as much as I do, mainly because of ride issues, but also because it did not come with the electronics package or navigation. But I found I prefer the simplicity of the dash and its controls. It's a old school feel, but modern also. If I want to turn up or down the radio, I simply turn the knob, no hunting for the screen and app that controls that function, or use the steering wheel controller. Navigation might have been nice, but not if I had to have the rest of the system....It allows you to enjoy the drive more, not having all the distractions...I think so anyway.

Enjoy your new Got A Have It Green Boss, it will get there and you'll probably love it like do mine. They are attention getters, something I am not at all use to. My cars generally fly under the radar, but a Boss in any color is like having a target on your back. Another reason I got the protection package my deal sells, they seal the paint, seats carpet and under coat the car. It comes with a 5 year warranty, that will cover eggs, paint, key scratches, door dings, rocks and paint remover. Just some of the items I've had to deal with when I drove around in a new car or truck before. Yes I have insurance, but this covers the deductable plus any damages for big problems and they take care of the small items so I don't have to involve the insurance company and avoid higher premiums. Something else I was very impressed with, my insurance for 6 months is 425.00, full coverage with a 2 million dollar top….pretty reasonable, only 100.00 more than my Subaru and about 80.00 more than the Ram 3500!

#22 ·
I've been so busy since I have picked up the car Friday. I will post pictures and give some feedback later today. I am saying one thing right now.... Amazing

#24 ·
Can't believe I titled it 2103! LOVE this car.... Handles on rails (obviously), fairly quiet in the cabin when keeping RPM's under 2000. An AMAZING sound above 2500rpm. At 7200, it sounds like sex..... Comfortable, yet tight enough to hold you where you need to be. One thing I do need to learn is the 1-2 shift in these MT82's...... The first 2 days, I never missed a shift. Now, I seem to be missing the 1-2 only, about 1-2 times out of 5. It's really bothering me in my mind now every time I get ready to pull it... I love the feel of the tranny, so I would like to have some shift time with it, before resorting to an aftermarket shifter. Maybe I need to pull towards the left a little harder? Seems to be getting hung up between the 2nd/4th gate finger? The Pirelli's stick pretty good when warm also. Fuel economy isn't too great right now @ about 20-21mpg, but they say it will be better after 2000 miles of break-in and a first oil change etc. I didn't buy it for the economy anyway :) They had the car at the dealer for about 2 weeks. Called and found out they weren't asking over sticker, so I snagged it up. Drove 4.5 hours each way to get it.. What a LONG day Friday was, and I had to work that evening @ 10:30pm. Here's a few pictures I have taken over the past couple days.

#25 ·
Really glade for you....I like the color to. Like you need more attention in these things. I already had a cop flash us, just because he thought we were speeding. We weren't and he just kept going, but I got the message..... The trany is very tight, I don't think there is anything wrong with the shifter myself, it's just new and precious. The gates are close, but with a 6-speed they have to be. I like the Reverse, old school VW. Another little known fact about the new Road Runner (Boss 302 Engine) and 5.0L Coyote Engine is the firing order has been changed from the old Modular based engine. It now has the real old school firing order...that of the original Ford Flat head V-8!! I have not rev'd my as high as you, but look forward to it. I will change to synthetics at 500 miles. I'll also install my QTC exhaust valves then also, been waiting several months for that mod, I have the very first set they manufactured ! Good luck with the car and enjoy yourself. It sucks that no Ford rebate, deal or incentive works with this car…

#26 ·
The reverse is awesome. Very easy to engage, and you know when its in right away. My restrictors were removed from the side exhaust at the dealer before I arrived. I think Ford ships the Boss with 5W-50 Synthetic right off the assembly line.

#28 ·
Absolutely gorgeous - congrats!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.