Quote Originally Posted by 98cobra3 View Post
    http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-...-actually.html
    Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Member Array

long due update-

started my hectic schedule of school and work a couple weeks ago so im starting to adjust: work at 11pm-730am and school at 810am-3pm monday through saturday morning!

i found a way to mount my coil packs and the power steering. i swapped out the COP valve covers for the 1998 cobra valve covers for my spark plug wires. my plug wires came in and they are Ford Racing blue wires. they fit great. also my brand new Boss 302 intake manifold came in from Canada last week. the plastic around the intake ports and injectors are about a quarter of an in thicker than the coyote intake manifold. i already got the coyote intake to fully bolt down great, so with a little bit of sanding my new intake and smoothing out where i ground some aluminum off the heads, i got the Boss intake to fully bolt down and fully seal. it looks great so far. when i first put the intake on it hit the back of the alternator so i ground away and took off 1/8"-1/4" and i drilled a new lower mounting hole about 1/2" above the original location lowering the alternator a bit. the intake is now clearing the alternator by 1/32". today the hardware store was closed so i couldnt get the bolts and screws i need to mount my throttle body via adapter plate or spacer which is 1/4" steel and all 8 holes are drilled and tapped. will take care of that tom. i also installed the navi fuel rails and my 30# Bosch injectors and new fuel lines. the original fuel lines that connect the fuel rails arent wide enough for the coyote intake but might be for the Boss intake. so far all accessories are bolted down, fuel system is all ready besides installing my new Walbro 255 fuel pump, coil packs and wires are mounted with new valve covers. new polyurethane motor mounts are also installed. tomorrow and the rest of this week calls for swapping the 8 rib navi crank pulley for my 6 rib, installing all the sensors and engine wiring harness and altering it to fit, dont have much to extend. also install cobra 11" aluminum flywheel and Valeo 03-04 clutch kit including pilot and throwout bearing. there are a few more odds and ends but will update when i get there. now for a few pics

tight fit of injectors (maybe 1/16")

new valve covers and all accessories on and coil packs mounted

intake/alternator clearance (hard to get better pic)

notice the alt bolt adjustment

what do you guys think??

HOW IS IT LOOKING???

Looking great!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

My boss intake will be here Monday or Tuesday.

Member Array

thanks man. i am planning to put the engine in today. So are you planning a similar build? what does your build list look like? i would be glad to help along the way where did you snag your Boss intake from and how much if you dont mind me asking

thanks man. i am planning to put the engine in today. So are you planning a similar build? what does your build list look like? i would be glad to help along the way where did you snag your Boss intake from and how much if you dont mind me asking
    I do! My plan is to do a 5.4/4r70 build with a single 76mm. Stock crank, forged rods and pistons. Stock heads with 96 cobra cams, yada yada...

I have a 4v 4.6 with a T-45 in my 89 right now. I'll run that while I'm piecing the parts together.

Member Array

sounds like quite the powerhouse. my build is a temporary fix for me. im debating between a high compression N/A torque monster as listed im my first post or and E85 chugging dual or single turbo high revving beast. the prices are in the same ballpark. i cant do this until more money falls of my tree in the back yard and i have another DD to use. im going to stick with the 5 speed though and when that goes a T56 or a TKO. def sub'n when you put your build on here

sounds like quite the powerhouse. my build is a temporary fix for me. im debating between a high compression N/A torque monster as listed im my first post or and E85 chugging dual or single turbo high revving beast. the prices are in the same ballpark. i cant do this until more money falls of my tree in the back yard and i have another DD to use. im going to stick with the 5 speed though and when that goes a T56 or a TKO. def sub'n when you put your build on here
    Sweet! I am going the E85 route as well!

I have three stations that have it within 2-5 miles of my house.

Look at what UPS delivered today!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348105380.946025.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  63.3 KB

Member Array

sweet that looks fimiliar. i know you are excited. ive been set back on getting my motor in this week due to illness so i wont be able to finish things up until the the weekend

sweet that looks fimiliar. i know you are excited. ive been set back on getting my motor in this week due to illness so i wont be able to finish things up until the the weekend
    Lol yea! Feel better man!

Member Array

it fired up and drove home last night. ive got to say wow a huge difference from my pretty much stock 2v to the new motor. i only drove it for about a mile because of legal reasons (no hood, expired tags, oh and open headers :D). i am not 100% finished but everything is working great so far. all thats left is a new hose and clamps for the thermostat housing, a throttle body spacer, throttle cable and a new way to route my cold air intake. the coolant overflow tank is right in the way of the intake hose along with the radiator hose. i think i can just get some flexible radiator hose and lengthen it a bit to get it out of the way. i dont know what i can use for my intake tube because it has to avoid the tank and i would like to get the air filter in the factory location or in the fenderwell so i can get a cowl hood to fit. its sitting right inside the top of the front fender right where the hood closes. i will upload pics later to illustrate better. im on the last couple of steps to making this my everyday driver. WOOOHOOOOO!!

Did i miss which headers you're using?

Looks like it is going to be a blast!

Member Array

im using stock cobra manifolds. i know im excited to wrap everything up and start driving it. a long awaited pic update is here

before i put in my car

one view of the engine in the car

another view

another...

here it is after i drove it and dont make fun of my last minute life saving throttle cable haha idk let me hear it and yes that is what it is :D

one more for now

so what do you guys think?? how does it look so far. it will be cleaned up a bit more when 100% completed. thanks for looking

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last