Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

piecing together a return style fuel system?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  eschaider 
#1 ·
yes, another mother loving fuel system thread...

A member over on M1R made 590 on race gas with a setup similar to mine using stock intake/cams, I have a ported intake and degreed blower cams (comp cams 106206s) so Im hoping thatll add at least another 20-30rwhp leaving me in the 625rwhp area, possibly a bit higher. Ive been doing some reading and it seems like return style is just the way to go..I can sell my cobra hat/pumps and un-opened BAP to offset the cost a tad. It seems like the return style is easier to tune and even at 495 rwhp (raw numbers that cool night) Ive had some FRPS issues (havent blown one but thrown some codes, took the car apart before it could be diagnosed).

That being said, can a piece together a kit for less than what Lethals charging? ($1000 with the hose that wont smell like gas).

I really would like to run the Division X hat since it has the factory style plug on it. I also have my own 10ga wiring setup running pre FPDM at the moment and the car has Fore fuel rails with 60lb injectors

Im not sure what to look for in fittings as far as brand/type (ease of installation and reliability)
what fuel line that wont emit fuel vapor and is e85 safe
What to look for in a fuel pressure regulator
what to do for a fuel filter

I intend to run Shell URT as my race fuel at this point but if all the tracks here shut down and I have to go a long way to race running E85 might become a viable option (i realize it would require a retune and possibly bigger injectors)

thanks for any input, Ive got some time to figure this out as the motor is still out of the car

See less See more
#2 ·
Good post. It will be real help for me in near future. I found a lot of useful article on before and mentioned-above review is added for my collection right now. Just on the occasion, I was presented with a 1998 mustang and offered to take it to the SRT to get them engaged, but I was on fire myself to decide everything and I change the fuel system myself.

#3 ·
You do know that the thread is six years old, right?

While your congratulatory commentary is, I am sure, welcome by some it actually adds no technical information to the subject matter / topic and in a technical forum begs the question why — especially six years later.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.