Boost question

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boost question

Default Boost question

So guys. I converted my 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer to superCharged Expedition Eddie Bauer! Found an almost complete kit off a Lightning. Got it all on, and drives and runs great. Tuned it up nice and safe. Stock lower pulley, stock upper pulley. All from what I know and read on forums, google, etc etc, I should see 8-10psi. I know my compression is just a tad higher than stock Ls, but with that....I want your input.

Like I said...stock blower setup, previous owner said he stripped the rotors and did a little porting in the intake. Doesn't look too much like porting as I would say polished or cleaned up. Problem is, Im only seeing 3/4 psi, and on the top end sometimes 5lbs at 4500-5k rpms. This is almost half of what I should be seeing. I thought maybe I got the HD truck pulley for less boost, but nope. Checked right in at 2.93" or so.

Now, Only think I can think of is the ported intake/blower is breathing easier so less boost, and also, I have a set of Comp 270s installed as well. I knew boost might be a little lower, but half?!?!

Any ideas? I have a 6lb Metco Lower on the way here soon...just wanted some opinions. Never built/tuned a PD/Roots combo before and so far I love it.

INput? Bypass? Blower? Cams?

Thanks

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Wow, can't believe no one has responded to this. I don't think too many people frequent this part of the site. Anyhow, what kind of intake setup are you running? Positive displacement blowers are very sensitive to restrictions on the inlet side of the blower. Also there is the possibility that the bypass valve is hanging open, supercharger belt slip, or possibly too much overlap on those 270s (I'm not familiar with the specs). Hope some of this is helpful if you haven't already sorted it out.

Junior Member Array

Did you figure it out? first thing I'd check is the gauge. Then check for leaks at the intake.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Sorry guys. Took the kit off and sold the truck months ago. But thanks for the input.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread