Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they handle with Stock Suspention??

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
How do they handle with Stock Suspention??
How do they look? any Pics?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Hey Jim, do a search over at SVTPerformance for lifter213. He just put a set on and hasn't lowered it yet, look nice!! Here's mine just for kicks and grins as well!

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice,,,
Thank's I'll do that Search...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Corner turn in is better with the shorter sidewalls. It also understeers a little more with wider rear then fronts (but the throttle still works as a steering aid:D ). The ride is also stiffer but half of that is certainly the lowering springs. It isn't harsh or uncomfortable, though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Jim,

The shorter side wall of the 18 inch tire will cause the car to be a little stiffer. Better put... think of the side wall as a shock. The shorter you make it the stiffer is gets. It will have less give when you hit a bump or pothole and also cause the tire to unload easier when you drive over a bump. A tall side wall will absorb the bump better because it has more room to flex allowing the rim not to move as much. It will help the handling characteristics for the car but on the streets of New York it might hurt it more.

Rob Palumbo

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Yea, I think the quality of the roads where you live will dicate whether you run 17s or 18s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts