Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

nitrous,e85,stock bottom end questions

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  n2ostang 
#1 ·
hi guys im fairly new to the modular world i have a 97 gt that im swapping the motor/trans in over the winter from a 170k mile non pi 4.6/t45 to a 20k pi 4.6/c4 combo what i have so far is of coarse the new motor/trans motor has professional products intake and tb with c&l plenum custom grind cams ( lift 545/495 duration @ 50 234/230 on a 111 lobe sep) 30lb injectors 255 in-tank pump so my questions are how will this set-up (properly tuned) handle 150ish hp hit of nitrous on e85 with stock internals? should i run a window switch? should swap my intake for the vic jr considering i have a 3500 converter so alot of low end is not really gonna be used anyway?
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Those cams seem to be more turbo like in nature. You will need a LOT more fuel than 30 lb injectors and a 255 pump to run E85. As far as the bottom end, it's good to around 500 rwhp...even then it's not a happy camper. Your combo seems like around 400 rwhp on the spray through the auto, so your engine (bottom end) should be fine. Consider heads/cams spec'd for this combo for more power.

#3 ·
so would u suggest sticking with 93 octane fuel and i do plan on upgrading to a turbo later so ill just see how my budget is and either run these cams or get another set and set these aside till i throw some boost down its throat i have the block that i will be removing from the car and a extra set of pi heads i plan to put cobra internals in it and have the heads ported when i do a turbo set up
thanks for your advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.