Meziere Electric Water Pump
Innovators West 10% underdrive Crank damper
March Cobra R alternator pulley and larger diameter power steering pulley
Mac Long Tubes w/ Pro Chamber
Mac Catback
Hanlon built face plated TKO500
Spec Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

I'm pretty excited by the results. I got to take it around the block for the first time yesterday and it feel incredibly strong and the dyno numbers seem to back it up.

The second set of numbers are for comparrison and are from when the car has bolt ons, PI head swap, and comp 270 cams.

See less See more
2 1
#3 ·
Thanks! I had no idea what to expect putting it all together. The folks with similar combos are heads up racers in series like NMRA and NMCA so you don't usually get numbers out of them. One local racer did say that he thinks it will make power all the way to 8K with a switch to an Edelbrock intake

#13 ·
There is a chance it may actually see the track this weekend. The weather looks really good but we have to get an issue with the hydroboost system fixed first. Either the pump went bad on the dyno or there is a ton of air in the system.

#16 ·
We tried every trick in the book to hit 400. With the 5W20 conventional oil it has loads and loads of oil pressure so once I get some more run time on it and can switch to a synthetic 0W10 or 0W15 I don't think it will have a problem breaking 400. I did paly with the correction factors and switching frmo SAE to DIN produced 408 RWHP. :bigwink:

#17 ·
love the numbers nice work cstreu 2v representing

- - - Updated - - -

love the numbers nice work cstreu 2v representing

#20 ·
The compression came in right at 11.5:1. The heads are out of the boc Trick Flows. The only changes we made were to swap the 125# springs for their 150# dual springs.

We did some more testing with the car. We swapped out the tiny trickflow intake tube for a custom made 3.5" piece that better matched the size of the MAF. We finally ran all of the old gas out of it and filled it up with fresh 93. To see if the Pro Chamber and Mac Catback were costing me some power it was run open header. The net result...a whopping 1.5 HP gain....but at least it broke 400. :) The numbers were more or less identical with the exhaust in place. We also removed the belt to see of it picked up. The net result from that was 408.5 RWHP. So even with the 10% under drive damper, electric water pump, and big altnernator pulley the accessories were still robbing a few ponies.

#22 ·
Just a little update...

We've done some more testing on the car. With the belt removed the car laid down 408RWHP. Last night with everything attached including the full exhaust and belt the car put down 398/320. The owner of Boss Inc. hoods has some oil additive he wanted us to try. I'm not much on these snake oil sales pitches but if it didn't produce results I wasn't out any money so I figured it was worth a shot. With the additive the car produced 402/323. Three pulls were made both before and after and the results were consistant and repeatble with each pull resulting in a less than 1% deviation.

#23 ·
Great numbers man. I really want to do a set up like this with the Teksid sitting in my garage. Im betting a key ingredient to this combo is a pretty stellar cam profile...care to share the spec??

#25 ·
Yea true, but I have over 11:1 compression, TFS 38cc heads, and a 233/236 cam and Im only at 325/325 at the wheels. I know that its with a stockish bottom end, so I cant rev it that high, but man thats a 75rwhp gain over what I have...I just assumed that a aggressive cam profile and a built bottom end capable of using that profile is where the extra power came from...which is awesome...If a nasty cam and a bottom end will give me that much of an increase in hp at the wheels, then I know what my next project is...:rock:

#27 ·
Stock PI intake. I made peak power at 5950 with this setup. Id love to try the Street Burner intake, but Im not convinced that it will make a big difference on my car. I had an aftermarket intake before, and it actually slowed me down at the track...granted it was with smaller cams and stock heads, but Im just leary to inverst that much money again and not know what to expect...

#29 ·
Well, my bottom end isnt anything special...rebuilt NPI shortblock with .020"over hypereutectic pistons, cast rings, stock rods and crank, yeilding me about 11.3:1 compression, tri metal road and main bearings, ARP 2000 rod bolts, stock 2V oil pump, canton road race oil pan, and a 3V windage tray. Top end is TFS 38cc heads, MHS stage 3 TFS profile cams (233/236, 550/550 lift, degreed by MHS, GT40 followers, PI intake manifold, BBK 78mm tb/plenum, JLT CAI, FRPP 30# injectors and recalibrated stock MAF...I know that its a fairly mild setup, but I didnt realize that by going with a better rotating assembly and a huge cam I could get that much more power out of it. Im sure there are other details, but I always thought that even with the TFS heads, I could only max out around 350rwhp with a forged rotating assembly and bigger cam. Im just surprised that theres that much more left in my setup thats all....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.