339RWHP after tune on METH, does this sound right?

+ Reply to Thread

Default 339RWHP after tune on METH, does this sound right?

Well I took my car to [email protected] in san bernardino. Car made 339RWHP with a vortech s-trim 8lbs of boost, power pipe, 90mm LMAF, Snow stage 2 boost cooler with boost juice, 75mm TB, accufab plenum, stock manifolds, x-pipe w/high flow cats, flowmaster cat-back and the car is automatic.
    What gets me is he just turned the dials once for the meth, it seems to me according to light coming on and the boost guage the the meth starts spraying at around 5psi, the other thing is that I had set it up with the intake temp sensor AFTER the nozzle, he made me change that to BEFORE the nozzle, is that correct? I thought the temp sensor was supposed to be after the nozzle to read the cooler temps??? Im confused, should it have made more power?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

Seems a little low, but not by much. Is it a V1 S trim? How much timing? IAT should be after the nozzle so that the computer gets an accurate temp reading and could properly adjust the timing. With it setup the way you have it the meth is providing a cooling effect for the motor, but you are not gaining any additional power because you are not increasing timing. The iat is reading the hot air from the supercharger. It is pretty much as if you were running non-intercooled.

Post your dyno graph. You might have a different problem. At what rpm does the car stop making power?

sounds about right with only 8lbs through an automatic with cats. you might could have made more but he probably got you a conservative tune

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

dude, rip the mid pipe off:P poor thing is suffocating haha

Senior Member Array

Highly doubt the cats are the problem. Difference between high flow cats and no cats is minimal if any. There are cars making over 600 with high flow cats.

Senior Member Array guitar maestro's Avatar

please post the air:fuel ratio, spark advance, IAT temps, and all other relevant information.

uh, i didnt notice they were high float cats? whoops. but, if the temp is before the nozzle, then its not registering the cooled IATs at all?

I think it sounds about right. If it was stick it would be mid 300's. I think it's about right. Plus your car will probably last you a long time at that level. Remember if you want more just let your runner know and they can turn it up. Just keep in mind the higher risk of things going wrong. If I were you I would enjoy it the way it is if it drives good

Damn dude, you need some cams and put a smaller pulley on it to get 9-10 psi. Im n/a and im pushing 312/342 outta my little 2v.

Sounds a little low? it depends on the tune. My car with stock bottom end a V2/SQ supercharger w/aftercooler, RR intake and same supporting mods as yours minus methal injection, made 430hp @ 11psi.

It's right where it should be for an auto and 8psi. A manual with 8psi and 17* of timing with meth, should put down about 375-380

A manual with 14* of timing and 9-10psi, will put down 358-370.

I didnt consider if it was an auto! good point, that makes a difference, also what type of dyno? Mustang dyno or Dynojet? I still think with meth it should read a bit higher?

Meth on 8#s wont gain you much maybe 10 20hp. but i would think the car should be 350ish so ur not far off.

16. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread