Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

4.6 edlebrock fuel rail question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lrostosky 
#1 ·
My 4.6 is back together and i have an edelbrock intake manifold on the way plan on running a 6061 elbow and and 75mm throttle body, but what fuel rails should i go with. Do i have to run the edelbrock fuel rails or are there others that work. I have heard that you need to adapt the fuel lines on aftermarket rails. So what is everything i need to convert to different fuel rails also i want to run port inected nitrous if that matters. I am useing stock 19lb injectors i have a spare set off the lightning they are 42 lb inectors should i use them with the nitrous or are they still to big.

#2 ·
I just went through the same issue with Edelbrock intake and fuel rails. There is no kit that I have found to make aftermarket fuel rails fit, but there is a way to make them fit. By grinding and fabing up some brackets, which to me seems you have to be on the money. Look to MMR they sell a fuel rail that is a direct bolt on to the Edelbrock intake...and imo a better fuel rail at that. Their fuel rail takes -AN fitting sizes where the Edelbrock fuel rail takes NPT (regular pipe thread) fitting. Here is the thread I made not to long ago http://www.modularfords.com/f4/edelbrock-intake-190380/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.