Has anyone ever...

+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone ever...

Replaced the 97 cobra motor with the FRPP Aluminator? I'm thinking about doing this. Will it bolt in or do I have to make modifications? I'll be topping it off with my Kenne Bell 2.1.
    http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/Fo...ong-Block.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Bolts right in.

Thanks! This spring I plan on dropping it in. While the engine is out, I'm going to scrub the engine bay and smooth it out then repaint the bay.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

can i ask why you would like to replace one of the best short block ford as ever had...the one you got is really strong, pretty shure you already know it but just to talk about it, why do you need an aluminator? the teksid can handle more than a 1000hp, way more from what you need

I have a rod bearing going bad so im looking at different options. I'm being told by the dyno and machine shop that by the time my engine is checked for cracks, decked, bored, honed, and fitted with forged internals, then a valve job and cleaning up the heads. I would be better off just buying the Aluminator engine with the C heads. Because of the cost. I'm calling another machine shop to see what they say. I want the motor done and in the car by June/July 13. I'm exploring all possibilities.

thats fine, but just to tell you, mine cost me 2500$ for all the short block assembly, i mean, bore the cylinder, weight and adjust all piston&rod, double check with the torkplate for the deck, ballance everything to 10 000rpm, clean all this up, clean the head&valve then i get a shim to get tighter spring, so in fact with the manley stuff i get in there it cost somewhere between 5 to 6k, but its good to see 4 diggit, don't know the price of the aluminator but i'm more than happy with what i got for the price i pay!!!

$7100.00 for the Longblock. I put a link to the engine in the first post.

Doh..i didn't notice it, not that bad, but what it will cost with shipping & tax & handling to your door?

Actually I just found the motor for $6499.00. But I'm still undecided so I'm calling another machine shop. Either way ill be keeping the Tesid block and eventually build it up.

don't forget that you are going cop with this aluminator, and did all the stuff around it will be the same that the teksid or you will need to buy everything else? i mean alternator p/s pump a/c and stuff like that

You have B heads. Your 2.1KB won't bolt up to the 03+ heads.

Yeah, I know that now. This is becoming more clear that I should just build the Teksed. Can't wait to talk to the other machine shop about it. Plus the machine shop I'm gonna call is 15 mins away compared to an hour and a half.

Senior Member Array

There's a lot of incorrect info in this thread. First, the Aluminator block is as strong or stronger than the Teksid. Also, as previously stated the B intake/supercharger manifold will not bolt up to the aluminator heads. Lastly, the aluminator does not require COPs, all that is needed is to swap on the cobra valve covers and the stock ignition can be used.

With that, the low compression aluminator will make about 50rwhp less than than a stock compression longblock. Go wtih no less than 10:1 if the boost is to be kept low.

Thanks for all the info.

my bad for the wrong info on the cop, but i never said the aluminator is not strong, i just said that the teksid is strong enough for what he need

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread