Got a used 1994 red sn95

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Array

Default Got a used 1994 red sn95

Hello guys, I just picked up a nice clean body 94 3.8 lts I was wondering if I could swap the engine with a Mach 1 2003 standard dohc V8 what would I need to complete this swap before I start this project and find my self strand against a big brick wall.
    Do the harness will be the same? I have a harness from the Mach 1 though. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Aviator guy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatorguy View Post
    Hello guys, I just picked up a nice clean body 94 3.8 lts I was wondering if I could swap the engine with a Mach 1 2003 standard dohc V8 what would I need to complete this swap before I start this project and find my self strand against a big brick wall.
    Do the harness will be the same? I have a harness from the Mach 1 though. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Aviator guy
    BUMPP Anybody has a link for this swap? please

For starters you will need the complete harness, the computer for the Mach 1 (get the correct one for your setup...manual or automatic), hydroboost setup (V6 uses old style barke booster I think). Also you'll want an 8.8 V8 rear end, and a transmission that can handle the V8 power. And I think you'll need the correct CCRM for your setup...I'm just hitting some of the big stuff, I'm sure there are tons of small things...

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

it would be nice if you could find a mach that someone is parting out or selling as a parts car

Junior Member Array

I need the computer and a pair of heads right now, I got the engine harness

Hi I've been considering a 3v swap, I know ill need a harness, ecm, but I think there's alot more to it.

Modularfoxmustangs.com

Plenty of modular swap info!

Umm, just an idea if you can go to a salvage yard and pull a complete mach 1 for a grand or to. Basically strip your v6 and strip the mach one and transferr all the parts over. My friend and me did this to a 98 Mustang GT we put in the new 5.0 from a wrecked 2013 mustang 5.0 I bought at a salvage yard for 1000 bucks. It saved us so much money. WE ALMOST SHOT EACHOTHER BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A HEAD ACHE...Just keep that in mind for the swap Is it worth the head ache and fustration you are going to experience. For us it was worth it when we pull up to someone on the street it looks like a stock 98 GT when they get a good old whooping well...They can't figure out how we got so much out of a 98 GT...The swap done correct and making it look completely stock took about 80 hours of working time...
    1. we stripped the 98 down to a shell.
    2. we stripped the 2013 down to a shell
    3.Everything from the 2013 from the fuel system to engine, computers, and rearend, brakes, brake booster, everything went into the 98 shell...
    -that required fabrication, imagination, and about 5 cartons of smokes and a 30 pack...
    4. I am pretty sure its BBK sells some good headers for the conversion. I used a shop to custom make mine...They worked nicely.
    5. so after two weeks worth of work, bruised knuckels and alot of cussing I pretty much had a 2013 5.0 with a 98 GT body. Then we hooked up a 200 shot of go fast spray, boss intake, a few of the other little goodies, a good tune and well...You got a fun little toy that alot of people don't have.

98 Mustang GT - 2500 bucks
    Flipped and completely FUBARD 2013 mustang GT - 1000 bucks from the auction
    5 Cartons of smokes + 30 Pack - 300 bucks
    Custom exhaust - 150 bucks
    Total Investment to do swap and get it started 3650.00 and some change. I can't remember how much the power steering bracket conversion cost me. Their is other little things Im missing I think i spend an honest total with the odds and ends stuff prolly 4500 dollars...Like i said a head ache but it was totally worth it.

Demented and old Array showme cobra's Avatar

I cant see a auction letting a wrecked 2013 gt go for a grand-jmo

12. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread