Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Penta-Charged GT Project... What Do You Think?

9K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  PitbullSN95 
#1 ·
Hello,
As a gift, my Great Uncle is letting me play with his 2006 Ford GT - Black with silver stripes, just like mine - so I can retain the original 180.5 miles I have on mine. I know, nice guy... REALLY NICE GUY.
I love the GT: The ride, the comfort, the class, the power... But it's just not enough. I want to make something that'll crush anything on the streets, and still be able to drive it to church.
So, here's the plan. Take that old 5.4L 4-valve out and replace it with a bigger Modular... but I am having a hard time on what to do. My original plan is to use a 5.8L 4-valve out of a wrecked 2013 Shelby (I cried when I heard of it). I then heard rumors of a 6.2L 4-valve Boss, some people gave it the name "CEO" - I haven't seen anything official though. I'm going to run 2 Centrifugal Superchargers, a Roots Supercharger, and twin Turbochargers. The reason that I am running 5 chargers is to lighten the load. So, when I floor it, not all of them will run at 100%, preventing a catastrophic failure.
First-off: 1. Will a 6.2L even fit in the engine bay of the GT? 2. If it does, should I wait until a 4-valve comes out or put the 5.8L in and swap it out later?
Now, if I do swap later, the power-band of the charging system will be so under the max-capacity for the 5.8L, that it should work with the 6.2L 4-valve nicely.
I am, however, having the body reinforced since there is no box frame. All forged-aluminum plating and steel-weld reinforcement, but in moderation. Not too much weight or anything that'll restrict aerodynamics or weight-distribution. No roll cage either.
1. Engine: Regardless of engine choice, I will have everything blueprinted, balanced, and all will be forged aluminum or steel and heads will be ported, relieved, and polished. I was told that if I run a 7.25-7.75 compression and set the centrifugals and turbos correctly, I can have them make up for the low compression and have a very streetable car, then have it programmed to open-up at the flip of a switch.
2. Centrifugal Superchargers: Going to put one S/C at each induction side to force air to the Roots-Blower. Like I said, I am planning to set these to let it drive nice and but I have no idea what to buy since ProCharger doesn't make anything for the 5.8L or 6.2L! Suggestions welcome.
3. Supercharger: I know that I want a Lethal Performance Whipple Supercharger, unless someone can sell me on something else. But, I'm pretty set on that.
4. Turbochargers: I want to run either Heffner GT1000 twin turbos or Hennessey GT1000s. I am having a hard time deciding. I heard Hennessey does the best, but Heffner has the least lag. Suggestions welcome.
5. Exhaust: Sold on 3" Borla Exhaust so I can keep the current design to keep the tailpipes where they are at.
6. Fuel Options: I am going to make the current tank a dual fuel cell with a 75/25 split. 75% will be 93, just for driving around, while at the flip of the switch 100+ will be available. I like the idea of 117, but I think it might be a bit too potent. I'd be happy with 105. Suggestions welcome.
7. Transmission:I think I know who to send it to to be rebuilt, but any suggestions for an indestructible tranny-build and who I should buy the Stage 5 clutch from? Suggestions welcome.
8. Rear-Axles & Gear Ratio: I want to rebuild the 3.36 axle with a Posi-traction kit from Eaton. I think that axle is wonderful for spinning when needed and not when I want to lay it down, especially with as much power as I'm going to have. Suggestions welcome.
9. Settings: Everything will be available at the flip of a 3-position switch and linked to my smartphone. "Cruisin'"-to-"Movin'"-to-"Serious". I'll have everything programmed to those switch positions. "Cruisin'" will have everything working as low as possible to run, just for a nice drive. "Movin'" will let the turbos and centrifugal really kick-in with the 93 octane. "Serious" is going to have the 100+ Octane with everything working at the maximum capacity the 5.8L or 6.2L will let it go.
Thank you, everyone that can help me out on this. I swear that I will not let you down. All your thoughts will be considered and compiled to make the meanest Modular this world has ever seen.
I am planning to talk to guys from SVT, Heffner, Hennessey, Shelby, Lethal Performance, plus whoever I decide to go with for the centro-S/Cs and the turbos. I hope with your input and their help, this project will fall into place.
A few friends and I have decided to call her the "Antichrist". For the record, I believe in God and I like him... Just wanted to clear that up. Since it'll be Penta-Charged, it's like a pentagram. I hope you get the joke; thought it was a cool and fitting name.

Thank you!!!

HAIL TO THE GT!!! :usflag:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello,
Believe me, -If I wasn't serious, I wouldn't have took the time to write ALL that. I am dead serious and am hopefully going to have it done by September (Because of my weird schedule). So, it will be done and trailered, but not driven up North here for a while.
Money's not an issue, what's your thoughts?

#6 ·
Hello,
Believe me, -If I wasn't serious, I wouldn't have took the time to write ALL that. I am dead serious and am hopefully going to have it done by September (Because of my weird schedule). So, it will be done and trailered, but not driven up North here for a while.
Money's not an issue, what's your thoughts?
I'm patiently waiting for the day I'm able to say that. I wish you luck on your build! Make sure you keep everyone updated.

#4 ·
a Whipple is a twin screw, not a roots

theres absolutely zero point in having 5 blowers. If you wanna go through the pain in the ass of compound boosting a whipple with turbo(s) setup then go ahead

your compression ratio information is way out of whack, 25% of tank for race fuel wouldnt be enough volume to do anything anyway, your borla exhaust likely isnt going to line up with a turbo kit, the shelby motor is a wet sump while the gt is setup for a dry sump (not that it couldnt be worked out just sayin)..etc etc.

there are several companies with 1000+hp TT setups for your car, look at those

#5 ·
Hello,
Sorry about that, I forgot what the hell I was talking about for a minute there. I've been reading so much I was starting to mix things around.

That's what I was thinking at first, but I've done with a single centro, a TWIN SCREW (Sorry again), and twin turbos, so I thought that I could do it with 2 centros to a Modular! Know what I mean?

Woah! Threw me off too once I read it! I didn't really proof read it. I'm sorry, I should re-post this really. I use Dragon, so if I say something like "11", it might type "7" because of the bad echo in here. I apologize yet again.
What I meant was 11.25-11.75 N/A, so it would bump it up to almost - but not quite - 14.00. My drag car runs 13.55 N/A with a combined centro, a super, and twin turbos on a 302 Boss-Cleveland.
That's an 17.5 gallon tank, correct? 25% puts 4.375 gallons in there. That's more than enough to run a 1/4. My concern if fuel type.
I like the sound of Borlas, and I have an exhaust cutter & bender, so I can wiggle some things around to get it to work. I did it once on a 04 Cobra for a friend in Tennessee, but that's A LOT more exhaust too.
The sump isn't really an issue there is a kit and how-to-do, and it seemed fairly easy.

See, I didn't want just a kit, I want to make something no one else has. That's my biggest downfall with this project.

I know more about pushrod and flathead engines more than I do these; 302W/C/Boss, 312Flat, 351C, 352, 390, 400, 427OHC/SO, 428CJ/SCJ, 429 Boss, and 460 Ford/ Lincolns.

How would I go-about nitrous-injecting it? I just want it to say I have it, not really wanting to use it. I can imagine it's a pain-in-the-behind compared to what it was in my drag car. I'm getting ahead of myself, but I want to plan this.

You guys reply faster than the people at Heffner, SVT, or Hennessey do! And I really appreciate this, gets me thinking and correcting what I muffed-up on!

#9 ·
That's what I was thinking at first, but I've done with a single centro, a TWIN SCREW (Sorry again), and twin turbos...

...My drag car runs 13.55 N/A with a combined centro, a super, and twin turbos on a 302 Boss-Cleveland....
Pics? I've got to see this.

#10 ·
racecougar,
Sure! How do you post pictures on here? I'm new here.

#11 ·
You can upload them to a hosting site (like Photobucket) and post the link, or add them as an attachment. It's the same on just about all forums.

#14 ·
Sorry, I'm away from home. Will post as soon as I get back!

I might take you up on that racecougar! Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.