Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Whipple boost questions

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  onenoscobra 
#1 ·
Have a 2012 GT with whipple 2.9. currently have a 3.75 pulley on the car and its making 11lbs of boost. thinking about bumping it to 14-15. will this be safe. i rarely drive the car. but i do take it to the track once or twice a month. the car has a best time of 11.40 at 126 on standard street tires. no radials. is this a decent time? its hard to get the power to the round. that pass had best 60 of 1.9 lol. im hoping to have some slicks here soon but dont want to bolt them on still using stock clutch and axles. really wanthing this car to run what lethals did. 10.30 or possibly beat there time for manual 6. any advice or opinions welcome thanks

#3 ·
Do you have access to e85? I'm not going to say it is safe but my stock bottom end took 13-14psi at the track, some of it in 100 degree heat. I only made about 10 runs in that config though, motor ran just as good as it did after as it did before. I believe the only reason that survived at that pressure/temp was a good tune and e85.

#7 ·
I would run a big pulley on the street and order up some pales of e85 or race fuel. When you go to the track dump in the better fuel and pulley down. No guarantee it will stay together but sometimes fun comes at a price.

#8 ·
O I understand. Not my first time lol. I would like it to stay together long as it could while getting the other motor ready. I'm just trying not to get to carried away with this car like I have others. I think......think I'll be happy with 800rwhp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.