Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Cobra Jet intake is here and ready for testing!

21K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  cbragg4654 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

We are happy to announce that we have one of the first Cobra Jet intakes available. We will be testing it over the next couple of days with the Ford Racing single blade intake so stay tuned!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Revol...type=1&theater

Thanks

Adam

Rev Auto

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I wonder if it will handle the boost. And if will be better then the Boss. It looks as if it is same intake or pretty close atleast that they used on the TT version.

Attachments

#5 ·
KDanner posted this about after he recieved notice his is in the mail
Problem: Coyote TB uses only one connector, GT500 oval type uses 2. Solution: use the harness as used in blower kits to split the wiring out for the oval throttle body. Kenne-Bell- "we use a single connector throttle body". Whipple - "we buy all that from Roush". Roush - part number 131114A595 $49.95. Done.

#9 ·
Looks pretty sweet. I'll be interested to see how well it works and what all the little quirks of installing it are.

#13 ·
feel inside the ports about 1-2" up from the gaskets. do you still feel the upper and lower intake weld line? that is found in the factory GT and the Boss intake, wondering if they smoothed that out on the Cobra jet.

Also, apart from the larger throttle body, do you notice a big difference in the injector bung area? CJ was supposed to have cleaned that off better.

Last, do you notice any differences in the throat area right behind the throttle body mount? is there less interference there? I think the Boss intake had some obstruction in that area.

Thanks!

#16 ·
Is there any chance of a CJ intake and TB fitting next to a Paxton?

#17 · (Edited)
I have been wondering this. But I don't see it fitting. The stock TB with the boss already is very close with only about 1/8" gap. Really not sure if its that much room.

#19 ·
I cannot wait to see the dyno for this! I am on deployment right now and been waiting for some specs! Its boring out here in the ocean and it hasn't been long yet lol

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot wait to see the dyno for this! I am on deployment right now and been waiting for some specs! Its boring out here in the ocean and it hasn't been long yet lol

#23 ·
Go to Revolution Automotives facebook page and see full results and photos.

Cobra Jet Intake and Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body install. The new set up picked up 20 rwhp and 11 rwtq with no loss of power or torque anywhere over the Boss intake/90mm T/B setup.

A quick run down of our shop car before the CobraJet In...take:
2011 5.0 6 spd manual MT-82
stock short block
AHM Performance mildly ported heads with Boss valvetrain
JPC Cams
Am. Racing 1 7/8 longtubes and x-pipe
Mcleod RST clutch with Alumn flywheel
Dynotech driveshaft
Flowmaster Am. Thunder mufflers
Boss intake
Ford Racing 90mm Throttle body
JLT Carbon fiber intake
JLT oil seperator
47# injectors
93 octane
Rev Auto custom tuneSee More

#24 ·
We need to see it on a relatively stock car for some good comparisons! And I do not have facebook access due to it taking up to much bandwidth on this naval vessel lol

#30 ·
Kdanner, You ran out of space in your message inbox. But I'm replying here lol That is exactly what i was thinking about running it with the scj throttle body also. Was thinking cams possibly but im not sure. There a lot of cash and there isn't to many write ups about it. I still have a little over 7 months left on deployment so i hope more information comes out for more mods.
Yes, but still the stock automatic processor. It's a handicap, the engine wants more RPM than that can provide. Still outran plenty of ZL-1s and 2013 GT500s on the mile though.

#34 ·
Have to change it quite a bit. Most of it is due to the throttle body. There's probably no way to ever make that throttle body have the same manners as a stock one, it's just a whole lot of airflow at low opening. Many people might be happier with running something like a stock GT500 unit on it.
But then you would not have the same HP bump.. How bad is it? Have you considered the cj cams?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.