Cobra Engineering coolant mod install pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
    Demented and old Array showme cobra's Avatar

Default Cobra Engineering coolant mod install pics

Finally got to take some pics of james's new coolant mod pieces, that he made to replace the LDC type cooling mod that either sucks to install and is hard to get in a timely manner. These new pieces are a work of art and are a ton better, i used xrp fittings and 10an braided hose, i started of at 24 inches on the hose but cut it to help with clearance so it doesnt interfere with bellhousing bolt access or return fuel system hoses that come out of the rear of the fuel rails, it finally ended up at 16 inches end to end. Sorry about the quality of the pics, the engine is hanging on the hoist in the engine bay,its cold out and im tired

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by showme cobra; 03-06-2013 at 06:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

awesome so 2 90 degree fittings and to be safe 20" of hose should do it?

Can you post a list of everything you used please?

oh I like those

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I will have to get my bill out of my tool box at work so i can give you xrp fittings part numbers, but yeah 20 inches should be fine- my hose with the fittings measures 16 inches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS03SVT View Post
    oh I like those
    I knew you would Jake.

cool deal, i have yet to give the head cooling mod a try but this is so far the best looking kit. Glad iv'e been patient!

In for pics of a finished install and how you route your hoses

Quote Originally Posted by SVT_Troy View Post
    cool deal, i have yet to give the head cooling mod a try but this is so far the best looking kit. Glad iv'e been patient!

In for pics of a finished install and how you route your hoses
    that will be several weeks, waiting on the new 4.0 whipple to arrive, but progress will have to wait-i hit a financial wall-my wife- so i have to be good for a little while

haha i know how that is! I'm just finishing up with my little tvs/suspension build!

Senior Member Array Tractionless's Avatar

Much nicer than the LDC kit and my gen 1 Evenflow w/Indian Headgasket goop! Just waiting for it to leak.

Bad ass! If you don't mind me asking, what do these usually run? If you don't want to tell me thru this thread, you can pm me.

-Lance

Senior Member Array

You have a website or contact info to order one? I'm picking up my engine tomorrow so it makes sense to install it now

the billet aluminum plugs,the hold down plates and bolts and seals for-100.00-you can get ahold of james here on the website or at [email protected] he has a sticky at the top of the 03-04 terminator section.

That is nice. Any idea of how it fits with EGR in place?

Quote Originally Posted by showme cobra View Post
    Finally got to take some pics of james's new coolant mod pieces, that he made to replace the LDC type cooling mod that either sucks to install and is hard to get in a timely manner. These new pieces are a work of art and are a ton better, i used xrp fittings and 10an braided hose, i started of at 24 inches on the hose but cut it to help with clearance so it doesnt interfere with bellhousing bolt access or return fuel system hoses that come out of the rear of the fuel rails, it finally ended up at 16 inches end to end. Sorry about the quality of the pics, the engine is hanging on the hoist in the engine bay,its cold out and im tired
    Very nice Jim. I noticed you color coordinated your valve covers, the paint job on the car and the bypass hardware! AJ was mumbling something about you being a stickler for appearance and detail everywhere but the temperature in your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1raresnake View Post
    Bad ass! If you don't mind me asking, what do these usually run? If you don't want to tell me thru this thread, you can pm me.

-Lance
    They are very clean and functional Lance. I think James said something like $100 on his sticky post or it may have been somewhere earlier in this thread.

BTW your crank was scheduled for nitriding last Tuesday if my memory is correct. It should be back by now. I'll touch base with Armando later today

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Very nice Jim. I noticed you color coordinated your valve covers, the paint job on the car and the bypass hardware! AJ was mumbling something about you being a stickler for appearance and detail everywhere but the temperature in your garage.

Ed
    Thats why its taking so damn long to get it done, but i wont be happy if i dont do it the way i want it, so it will take longer , oh well

And the fact that Jim's old doesn't help either. Jim call me later with the part numbers on those fittings. I may be going out there tonight to get my kit completed. Thanks your favorite Honda parts guy.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last