Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

New PB N/A So close!!!!

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  04compgt 
#1 ·
Went out to BMP last night and ran a NPB, so close to 10's!!!

Mods are:

Pypes LT's
Pypes Off Road X
Boss Intake Manifold
Self Tuned
E85
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Relocation Brackets
BMR Sway bar Relocation
Racestars Big and Littles
MT 275/60/15 ET Pro
Circle D 5C Torque Converter
Weight Reduction

On to the good stuff. The timeslip.

See less See more
#6 ·
Still on the 3.73s. I have 17inch fronts. I want to switch to 15s. They are m & h front skinnies. I still run the mickey et pro. I will switch to hoosiers. I hope to go back with some more changes and I think I will be right there! Not bad for a daily driver though :)

#9 ·
Lol, those stupid catch cans are long gone, they didn't work worth a damn. Thanks again man.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually the quickest back half I've ever seen one of these cars do. 60 is right in there, so concentrate on the 60-660 and you're in great shape.
I didn't think the back half was that crazy at ~26 mph, it has always back half 25-26mph, but you would know more than I would since the only thing I get to see timeslips for is my car. I do think with a little more suspension tweaking I can see a little better 60ft and that would contribute to my 660 and the end result at the 1320. I have been so focused on tuning that I have neglected all the other areas of the car when going to the track, now that the engine tuning is what I feel good, I can focus on the suspension and other things.

#11 ·
I keep a speadsheet that calculates all the splits. Your 660-1320 is quicker than any of the 10 second cars, about .025 quicker that wbt's. A very small amount, but it is the quickest. Quite a DA difference, but you don't control the weather. 60' you guys are the same. The big difference is 60-660, there you are .17 behind. Fix that and you can outrun him. I'd be thinking what happens between 60 and 660. 2 shifts and the lockup. Get the shifts spot on, get that lockup at high throttle position in 2nd set to a speed lower than what the 1-2 shift actually happens at so that as soon as it shifts it's going to lockup. You can do this. Doing it on your own is when it really means something.
Yes, right now it locks up in 2nd but halfway through the gear, I contemplated doing that last night and commanding lockup before the 1-2 happened but I ran out of time trying to dial in the long tubes and motor tune and by the time I got to make anymore runs, moisture set on the track and well traction was very little at that point. I don't think I can outrun Wbt, I need 1.5 mph to be even close to him and contemplate even matching his ET. I was running in much better weather than you guys too, probably not better track though LOL!

#12 ·
Like kdanner said, you can do it. Get that 3.31 in there to remove that shift into 4th and that will help with speed and et.

You have done a great job with the car and would like for you to best that 10.87 mark. :D

#19 ·
We gotta meet up for a run day sunday or something. I'll bring a pop up canopy so the damn summer heat dont kill us, its a PITA sitting in the summer heat tuning the car after each pass lol. Tack prep seems to be a little better in the day due to all the grudge racing thats going on.

Here in the next few weeks I'll need some track time...due do some heavy modifications that just arrived :)

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.