2012 Mustang GT CAI & Tuner Advise

+ Reply to Thread

Default 2012 Mustang GT CAI & Tuner Advise

My son has a 2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0 Premium - 6 speed. He would like to buy a CAI along with a tuner to take advantage of the CAI and a boxed tune for the GT. I have used SCT in the past for my 2003 Marauder with good success. But, have been out of touch with the tuner world for a few years. What is recommended now a days for the 5.0 GT with a CAI. Can you buy a package deal that includes the CAI and a good tuner - any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn
    Last edited by GlennFord; 04-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

If just wants some more bang then a package deal can be had from many places. Beefcakes, jpc, lundracing etc etc can get you package deals really.

I have been looking around at the same thing. You want a JLT intake package.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ATCPF View Post
    Does JLT include a tuner with a good CAI tune? How much for a 2012?

Why jlt? Why not airraid or steeda. Don't fastest bolt on street car run an airraid?

Well this should settle the biggest question. From the results of this test I was slightly wrong but you really cant go wrong with either one of them.

Well this should settle the biggest question. From the results of this test I was slightly wrong but you really cant go wrong with either one of them.
    Don't believe every test you see online. Specially ones from a vendor testing their brand vs others. Or a shop that sells brand a or brand j etc. Look at real world test of people that have nothing to gain by using x over a vs j. That goes for cai, tune, and about every other part out there.

Tests or not ... I can tell you from a company perspective that you won't find any with our reputation and commitment to the consumer. The Steeda brand is proudly made in the U.S.A. by the American worker. We have obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification which means we are held to very strict standards to produce the highest quality parts.

We own our own facilities, we develop and employ our own engineers and we test & manufacture all of our parts on the street and on the track ... we test them at Sebring and try to break them ... so we know you wont!

We work closely with Ford Motor Company in regards to the SEMA Technology Transfer program ... I can go on & on ... but I challenge you to find a company that has the same resources and commitment as Steeda and then compare the products.

You can check out our company and articles here: http://www.steeda.com/blog/

You can contact me at [email protected] if I can provide you with any additional information regarding our products. Also, we have had 0 issues with our tunes or products when they have been installed on a consumers car ... you have nothing to worry about when you purchase from Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by tjSteeda View Post
    Tests or not ... I can tell you from a company perspective that you won't find any with our reputation and commitment to the consumer. The Steeda brand is proudly made in the U.S.A. by the American worker. We have obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification which means we are held to very strict standards to produce the highest quality parts.

We own our own facilities, we develop and employ our own engineers and we test & manufacture all of our parts on the street and on the track ... we test them at Sebring and try to break them ... so we know you wont!

We work closely with Ford Motor Company in regards to the SEMA Technology Transfer program ... I can go on & on ... but I challenge you to find a company that has the same resources and commitment as Steeda and then compare the products.

You can check out our company and articles here: http://www.steeda.com/blog/

You can contact me at [email protected] if I can provide you with any additional information regarding our products. Also, we have had 0 issues with our tunes or products when they have been installed on a consumers car ... you have nothing to worry about when you purchase from Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ
    Above wasn't really at Steeda. ;)

Senior Member Array

OP - unless you are buying a CAI for looks/sound, stick with the stock airbox. The gains are with the tune, not the CAI. Use the saved money to improve traction. ;)

13. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread