Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

2012 Mustang GT CAI & Tuner Advise

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wbt 
#1 · (Edited)
My son has a 2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0 Premium - 6 speed. He would like to buy a CAI along with a tuner to take advantage of the CAI and a boxed tune for the GT. I have used SCT in the past for my 2003 Marauder with good success. But, have been out of touch with the tuner world for a few years. What is recommended now a days for the 5.0 GT with a CAI. Can you buy a package deal that includes the CAI and a good tuner - any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

#2 ·
If just wants some more bang then a package deal can be had from many places. Beefcakes, jpc, lundracing etc etc can get you package deals really.

#7 ·
Don't believe every test you see online. Specially ones from a vendor testing their brand vs others. Or a shop that sells brand a or brand j etc. Look at real world test of people that have nothing to gain by using x over a vs j. That goes for cai, tune, and about every other part out there.

#8 ·
Tests or not ... I can tell you from a company perspective that you won't find any with our reputation and commitment to the consumer. The Steeda brand is proudly made in the U.S.A. by the American worker. We have obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification which means we are held to very strict standards to produce the highest quality parts.

We own our own facilities, we develop and employ our own engineers and we test & manufacture all of our parts on the street and on the track ... we test them at Sebring and try to break them ... so we know you wont!

We work closely with Ford Motor Company in regards to the SEMA Technology Transfer program ... I can go on & on ... but I challenge you to find a company that has the same resources and commitment as Steeda and then compare the products.

You can check out our company and articles here: http://www.steeda.com/blog/

You can contact me at tim@steeda.com if I can provide you with any additional information regarding our products. Also, we have had 0 issues with our tunes or products when they have been installed on a consumers car ... you have nothing to worry about when you purchase from Steeda.

Best Regards,

TJ

#10 ·
OP - unless you are buying a CAI for looks/sound, stick with the stock airbox. The gains are with the tune, not the CAI. Use the saved money to improve traction. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.