Malware false positive

+ Reply to Thread

Default Malware false positive

I get this message from Google Chrome 26 since this morning when I click on a link to view a thread

Danger: Malware Ahead!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.modularfords.com.
    Content from www.brooksspeed.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware
    Also with IE 9 I get this JavaScript error when I load a sub-forum
    Line: 2288
    Error: 'init_forum_readmarker_system' is undefined
    Edit: I also got it when posting this topic
    Last edited by BlueScreen; 04-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Member Array

I just went to brookspeed.com by entering the URL directly in the web browser and got a warning message as well. They may be infected and not aware of it.

Member Array

When I accessed brooksspeed.com in Firefox version 20.0.1 I got this message:

Reported Attack Page!
    This web page at www.brooksspeed.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

When I accessed brooksspeed.com in Internet Explorer version 9 I did not get any kind of warning.

In both Firefox and Internet Explorer, no message popped up from Kasperksy Internet Security which leads me to think it is probably a false positive for malware, but does anybody know for sure??

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator Array Eric Brooks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eds85gt View Post
    When I accessed brooksspeed.com in Firefox version 20.0.1 I got this message:

Reported Attack Page!
    This web page at www.brooksspeed.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

When I accessed brooksspeed.com in Internet Explorer version 9 I did not get any kind of warning.

In both Firefox and Internet Explorer, no message popped up from Kasperksy Internet Security which leads me to think it is probably a false positive for malware, but does anybody know for sure??
    The brooksspeed.com site is running WordPress which is a major target for hackers. There was a rogue script that was removed, but those alerts that block the website are from Google until they scan the site again.

Member Array

Thanks Eric, glad its straightened up & you were on top of it!

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread