Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

500 RWHP N/A Club...

18K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  SilverBoost 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I would like to first that the team of POWER BY THE HOUR for making this happen, Frank, Jake and Ken. You will not find a more respectable and professional shop out there. Since we first met I told them I wanted to make the most RWHP N/A possible and they made it happen...501 RWHP & 397 TORQUE, all I can say is wow and thank you. Please stay tuned to the full review on 5.0 Mustangs magazine.

Regards,

Manuel

#3 ·
Awesome cant wait to see the write up!

#8 ·
Jayman,
I totally understand that, I have a turbo 03 cobra and right now it is down for some mods and even though my 12 GT has the basic mods and a tune it is totally boring to drive.
Would love to know what got him to that level but I highly doubt it was achieved without going into the engine. I would assume the cost to achieve those numbers N/A will add up close to or exceed the cost of going forced induction.
Very curious to see what was done.

#9 ·
Comp cams stage 3
CJ intake
Ford Racing dual throttle body
PBH Custom Air intake
Axle Exchange DS
Forged Oil pump gears
Locators
Kooks LT 1 3/4 no cats with the Boss H pipe
Lethal Performance over the axle pipes
Stock mufflers
JLT passenger catch can
Barton shifter and bracket
PBH dyno tune
MMR cooling mod
Steeda springs and lower control arms
Steeda pan bar and bracket
Whiteline upper control arm and bracket
Ford Racing SS clutch line
Ford Racing tranny cooler
SS brake lines with Stoptech fluid
AeroForce gauge with Roush pod
Steeda motor mounts
DRIVER MOD ;-)

#32 ·
Nice build you got there I too am in the 500 N/A club. I believe I was the first private individual to reach it. Car will be featured in special edition of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords coming out June 18, 2013. This was done on a load bearing dyno similar to a mustang dyno and on 91 Octane. JPC was doing a similar build at the same time and we were in contact with them. They got 550 on race gas, I believe 104 octane.

#16 ·
Sweet! I expected to see head work but just cams!

#17 ·
Boss heads are CNC ported from the factory......

#18 ·
Good to know.

#20 ·
That's why I love this site, useable limitless knowledge shared!

#23 ·
awesome power n/a . i got my car tuned at power by the hour by ken and it was really an awesome experience. very friendly group they have there.

#27 ·
Hi there,

Here is the update on the car, running a like a rock...FYI, for those who do not know this is my daily driver. Punishment is daily and top speed is reached once a week.

On another note, I do not know if you guys have heard, but theres a recall on the CJ Intakes, listen to what the Ford Racing Tech support told me even after I mentioned that my car and build was going to be on 5.0 Mustangs and would helped them sell some intakes; "please buy another intake to have you first in line for the new revised version of the CJ Intakes" this is so much BS, and the other "good" part is that the ETA is 4-8 weeks, some they want me to tie down $800 for 4-8 weeks and then give me a credit when they receive my intake...seriously??? Well, I sent them another e-mail, so let's see what they say.

Regards,

Manuel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.