2015 Mustang Motor Lineup

+ Reply to Thread

Default 2015 Mustang Motor Lineup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

wow, no replies to this? If they keep the V8 but only offer it in the special editions, I can see the after market industry seeing a big boost in profits.
    Last edited by PitbullSN95; 06-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Senior Member Array

I wrote about this on this forum and others, some thought it was a hot issue, but since were only speculating, it's a given inmost minds that Ford will always offer there precious V-8 in Gt trim.
    Personally, i think it will change coming this next generation....The fact that Ford is targeting Europe, now means many new ideals, and most don't include the V-8 engine. In most other countries, a V-8 would be useless to 99% of people. As they are taxed very heavily, they get poor mileage and gas is about three times as high as what we pay here. I see this as a major change in the Mustang culture....as the V-8 was always affordable my the masses...now it will be a special SVT project or the upper, upper end of the model's, that are well above the average price thresh hold. Your standard engine will be a 4 Cyl, with a V-6 offered on certain models. The V-8 will be GT 500 and other special vehicles like the next generation Boss 302. It's a huge change in both tradition and culture, and I'm not so sure it's good for the sport??? Time will tell, but then again this is 2013 and V-8 are on there way out, now and definitely in the future. The USA is the only real viable market for one, so going global would curtail that old thinking.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yknot View Post
    I wrote about this on this forum and others, some thought it was a hot issue, but since were only speculating, it's a given inmost minds that Ford will always offer there precious V-8 in Gt trim.
    Personally, i think it will change coming this next generation....The fact that Ford is targeting Europe, now means many new ideals, and most don't include the V-8 engine. In most other countries, a V-8 would be useless to 99% of people. As they are taxed very heavily, they get poor mileage and gas is about three times as high as what we pay here. I see this as a major change in the Mustang culture....as the V-8 was always affordable my the masses...now it will be a special SVT project or the upper, upper end of the model's, that are well above the average price thresh hold. Your standard engine will be a 4 Cyl, with a V-6 offered on certain models. The V-8 will be GT 500 and other special vehicles like the next generation Boss 302. It's a huge change in both tradition and culture, and I'm not so sure it's good for the sport??? Time will tell, but then again this is 2013 and V-8 are on there way out, now and definitely in the future. The USA is the only real viable market for one, so going global would curtail that old thinking.
    It is no big deal to offer different power packages in different markets. A different V6 with twin turbos for Europe in a base GT would make a lot of sense. More power? Put a better set of rods and pistons in it, crank up the boost, and WULLA! Euro GTR. Take a look at what some other car company's do with two less cylinders, it will make a believer out of you. Or just look back 30 plus years to the Buick GN. Those 6 cyl turbo cars were animals!
    Then for the Euro trash killer car, go twin turbo Boss 302, IRS, electric shocks, bigger tires and brakes than the LS Boss, and go clean house! See? There are many options for many markets with stuff already out there to draw from, it is just a mtter of engineering it. Present day computers make that so quick and easy. The results can allow a company like Ford to ship five Boss 302 untested, not released for production yet motors right to the race car builders, untested. And they run reliably. Not like sixty years ago, when Chevrolet, as an example, had to send a prototype motor out on the race track, run it till it blew, then bring it in and diagnose what went wrong. They kept doing this for several trials till the 1965 396 and 427 were engineered well enough to be released to the public. My, how things have changed!
    Last edited by gregsdart; 10-19-2013 at 06:04 AM.

I'm worried about adding boost with a direct injection Coyote, but I'll buy one, and I'll boost it.

Premium Member Array FireFighterHill's Avatar

Im wondering if waiting for the 2015 to come out instead of buying a 2014 is worth the wait.

9. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread