No links? Why?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No links? Why?

Default No links? Why?

I can't post photobucket links. What could the site be protecting by making me convert and upload pics? This one thing makes me not visit the site very often in comparison to when Eric ran it. Is mod fords going to become another bought out forum killed by the silly rules of it's overlords?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    I can't post photobucket links. What could the site be protecting by making me convert and upload pics? This one thing makes me not visit the site very often in comparison to when Eric ran it. Is mod fords going to become another bought out forum killed by the silly rules of it's overlords?
    Uh.... Eric Brooks is still here and hasn't gone anywhere. The site was not "bought out" per se and we tried to make this clear in the announcement a year and a half ago. What happened is Eric and I have been friends a long time, he needed some help on the server backend and asked me to come on board. A new company was formed for this due to his existing company also running Brooks Speed (which I am not a partner in).

As to photobucket - you can post photobucket links and image URLs - they get posted all the time, probably daily. The only restriction we have with links like that is in the classifieds, no links to outside sites in the classifieds after we had issues with scammers and fly-by-nights using the forums to promote things like their eBay sales. If you are having difficulty posting links to photopost outside of the classifieds please give me an example thread, I'll try to duplicate and resolve the problem.

Signed....
    Not an overlord
    Last edited by MF/Ken; 06-09-2013 at 06:59 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread