Purchasing E85 in 55 gal drums question - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Hmmmm.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Helomech- what brand E85 are you running?

I picked up the Renegade E85 from my supplier today. He was wrong. This stuff is Leaded. I cannot find any info on Renegades site about it though. My car was tuned on pump E85. I am wondering how the Race Fuel Leaded E85 will affect the tune?

Here is the label
    Like previously mentioned leaded fuel will take out your sensors and plugs. Why would they even make a leaded E85? E85 can't be made to predetonate so why add another anti-knock additive like lead?

Helomech- what brand E85 are you running?

I picked up the Renegade E85 from my supplier today. He was wrong. This stuff is Leaded. I cannot find any info on Renegades site about it though. My car was tuned on pump E85. I am wondering how the Race Fuel Leaded E85 will affect the tune?

Here is the label
    I'm not sure who actually manufactures it, but it's the same stuff that comes from the pump at most all of the stations in our region. I also buy E98 from them as well for about .45 cents more a gallon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

the way it was explained to me was that all e85 isn't created equal and often the blends are different depending of the load of fuel which makes it half hazard to have a sharply tuned car.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    Like previously mentioned leaded fuel will take out your sensors and plugs. Why would they even make a leaded E85? E85 can't be made to predetonate so why add another anti-knock additive like lead?
    No idea why they make it leaded. However a ton of companies are making it with lead. Must be a reason.....

Quote Originally Posted by 97stsnake View Post
    the way it was explained to me was that all e85 isn't created equal and often the blends are different depending of the load of fuel which makes it half hazard to have a sharply tuned car.
    Exactly what I have been hearing/reading. It can be cut with 87 octane or 93 octane. But how do you tell? You do not and put your motor at risk. Atleast buying it from the barrel I know its consistent. It may be more money but its still cheaper then race gas.

Not to be off subject but how do you like the vmp tvs ?

So far its great. I just picked this car up and it was already installed. Going to retune it soon but the car feels strong. I have alot of experience with the other blowers like Mammoth 2.8, 3.4 Crusher etc. This blower is for sure worth it for a small 2.3 it does the job!

Man I'm in the middle of my build but I'm up in the air I want the twins but in the back of my head the vmp tvs 2.3 or later 3.3 high compression and boost e85 would be nuts not including reliable I just could up boost at will like a wastegate and oh oh what if you threw a 125 shot to it and I've got a 5.4 billet bottom end

My old car was an Auto/Single 76mm Turbo Cobra. I really like the Auto/Turbo combo alot more. The TVS is still fun dont get me wrong. I would rather have a turbo though.

I test all my fuel that I buy from the distributor. I also run an Ethanol content display in my car, so I know what the mix is at all times. If for some reason my batch tests low, I just add E98 to the mix until it tests correctly. Same goes for when my gauge reads low in the car, just add E98 until it's where I want it. I don't know of any distributors or manufacturers of Ethanol fuels in my area that use 93 octane to cut the fuel to E85, they all use 87 octane to adjust the rating, I think it would be a waste of money to use 93 to do it especially since the end result is the same. Even if I were to pay the incredibly inflated prices of the "Race" Ethanol, I would still test it to verify the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post
    I test all my fuel that I buy from the distributor. I also run an Ethanol content display in my car, so I know what the mix is at all times. If for some reason my batch tests low, I just add E98 to the mix until it tests correctly. Same goes for when my gauge reads low in the car, just add E98 until it's where I want it. I don't know of any distributors or manufacturers of Ethanol fuels in my area that use 93 octane to cut the fuel to E85, they all use 87 octane to adjust the rating, I think it would be a waste of money to use 93 to do it especially since the end result is the same. Even if I were to pay the incredibly inflated prices of the "Race" Ethanol, I would still test it to verify the mix.
    Can you post pics of your ethanol content gauge and how you have the sensor installed in the fuel line if possible? I am debating on doing this. Thinking of putting the display in the center console or glovebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Helomech74 View Post
    Are you getting your fuel in Bowlingreen ky? I live maybe 5 mins from valor oil which is renegade fuel. Im going to be buying 2 55 drums of E85 sucks it is leaded tho because that will kill sensors

Can you post pics of your ethanol content gauge and how you have the sensor installed in the fuel line if possible? I am debating on doing this. Thinking of putting the display in the center console or glovebox.
    What do you think about an 11.1 compression twin turbo 00r engine running e85

Also I can't remember where I saw it but someone makes an inline ethanol analyzer I wanna saw it was fast . That way I think you could probably setup timing and fuel charts according to the octane rating of the mixture.

I use to get my e98 here and dilute shipping is $231 they unload it off the truck for you also. I make my own ethanol know super easy and cheap.
    http://www.maperformance.com/55-gall...cing-fuel.html

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12