Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

What can I expect with a tune only?

9K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jailguardracing 
#1 ·
2013 a6
Bone stock

Looking to get a tune AED,Lund, VMP.
What can I expect in horsepower, track times and reliability.

Stock with 2500miles- 353hp/361tq
1/8 mile- 8.4@88 2.2 60ft

I have gotten bored with the stock power and want more but coming from a heavily modified Lightning, I dont want to be worried about it or working on it to repair it. Anything to worry about with a tune? I'm just nervous about the horror stories.

NIce Site btw.

#8 ·
I'm sorry but that's not very impressive. Who is TDS?

#9 ·
Really? Considering this car has less than 2k miles almost a full tank of gas, first time driver had it on the track and just rolling out and getting on the gas on a humid night i think it was very decent. Everything else besides the tune (TDS-TruDynoSport) is completely stock couldnt even tell you how much air pressure Ford put in the tires. Not saying it was best et ever for a stock a6 with a tune only but it impressed me.I know it would easily run 7's in the 1/8 with nothing more than more track time or just a set of dragradials.

#14 ·
Tune, tire, and a little weight reduction like taking the passenger seat and spare tire out in good air. Rest of the car was bone stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.