What Is The In Cylinder IAT Drop With e85? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

The IAT reading is also dependant on where your measuring the air at. Does your friend have his IAT mounted in the same place as you? I know that on my car it was a 30 degree difference throughout the range when I had my IAT mounted in the MAF in the cold side piping compared to having the IAT mounted directly into the intake. Spray some water/methanol if you realy want to drop the temps...... I doubt the amount of cooling recieved from a particular type of fuel is significant enough to make everybody jump on board. Just food for thought.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Premium Member Array black2003cobra's Avatar

DOB the drop in temp I gave above, was just for the evaporation of E85. So yes...subtract 54 from that to get a difference of 124 between E85 and gasoline at that equivalence ratio. You should be able to make adjustments, but I wouldn't be willing to say how much, as it is unknown how much of the air charge cooling effect would be lost to the cooling of wetted metal surfaces in contact with the fuel.

By the way, I took a look at the spread sheet you provided the link to. I like the way he is approaching the problem. In fact, a lot of the formalisms look quite familiar, (eh hem.)
    Last edited by black2003cobra; 08-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black2003cobra View Post
    DOB the drop in temp I gave above, was just for the evaporation of E85. So yes...subtract 54 from that to get a difference of 124 between E85 and gasoline at that equivalence ratio. You should be able to make adjustments, but I wouldn't be willing to say how much, as it is unknown how much of the air charge cooling effect would be lost to the cooling of wetted metal surfaces in contact with the fuel.

By the way, I took a look at the spread sheet you provided the link to. I like the way he is approaching the problem. In fact, a lot of the formalisms look quite familiar, (eh hem.)
    Copy that, thanks for the reply!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by boosted01 View Post
    The IAT reading is also dependant on where your measuring the air at. Does your friend have his IAT mounted in the same place as you? I know that on my car it was a 30 degree difference throughout the range when I had my IAT mounted in the MAF in the cold side piping compared to having the IAT mounted directly into the intake. Spray some water/methanol if you realy want to drop the temps...... I doubt the amount of cooling recieved from a particular type of fuel is significant enough to make everybody jump on board. Just food for thought.
    My turbo guy told me to do that too, my iat sensor is located between the maf and the tb but i wont moove the sensor, i'm more on the methanol side, alky control is comming to my door this week

On a side note, i ask chip from JMS chip&performance about the iat sensor in the ba3000 maf i got and he say i'd better use the stock one

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12